$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

My take on this is that only a select few people know what is really going on, probably Lerner's inner circle and the potential buyers (if there are any) and that's it. The rest is just guesswork and informed speculation, probably even among the team management.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

I can't believe a £200m takover can be kept under wraps - really hoping for something in sunday papers - but those headlines are usually out by now ?

Why? It's far easier to hide than anything related to the team.

I can't believe a £200m takover can be kept under wraps - really hoping for something in sunday papers - but those headlines are usually out by now ?

But didn't the man city takeover come completly out of nowhere?

Communication at villa is like rocking horse manure, so it wouldn't,t surprise me if Lerner doesn't know.....it's probably his sisters decision. Lol

Exactly. I'm sure one minute their Thai owner was being investigated and the next they were buying Robinho!

Exactly. I'm sure one minute their Thai owner was being investigated and the next they were buying Robinho!

Yep. Transfer deadline day. No one knew anything then bam! They're putting ridiculous bids in left, right and centre.

Yep, last day of the transfer window and they instantly bought Robinho.

That must have been amazing as a Citeh fan

• Like 1

What was the speculation like before it happened last time? From what I can remember the announcement really came out the blue.

No - There were a couple consortium making noises - then Randy appeared on the scene - for a couple of days it was all off - then on - It wasn't as protracted as some player transfers - but we didn't wake up and find Lerner was our owner...

Yep, last day of the transfer window and they instantly bought Robinho.

That must have been amazing as a Citeh fan

It's every fans dream. Rich owners that really mean business. What a way to show your intent by smashing the England transfer record with your first signing.

So who do you fancy?

Communication at villa is like rocking horse manure, so it wouldn't,t surprise me if Lerner doesn't know.....it's probably his sisters decision. Lol

It wouldn't surprise if lerner is totally oblivious to all the speculation