$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

off topic i know(sorry),but can't believe red sox@yankees got so few viewers.

Levi can probably correct me if Im wrong but I think the amount of viewers shown in his stats is without the local TV-stations in Boston and New York. So the amount of viewers compared are those of the neutrals nationwide.

Imo the one thing that really leads me to believe we are in for a major change soon would be the hesitation of offering Albrighton a new contract. Arguably our best player the last month or so yet no rush to get him on a new contract? Maybe I am reading a little to much into it but it does seem strange considering he could sign for someone else now.

Imo the one thing that really leads me to believe we are in for a major change soon would be the hesitation of offering Albrighton a new contract. Arguably our best player the last month or so yet no rush to get him on a new contract? Maybe I am reading a little to much into it but it does seem strange considering he could sign for someone else now.

me to,and delph,also to be fair lambert as he was supposed to be getting one as well.

I suspect that it was a nonexclusive broadcast, where FS1 had rights to show it nationally and NESN (mostly owned by Fenway Sports Group (John Henry's consortium)) had the rights to show it in Red Sox territory while YES (jointly owned by the Yankees and Fox) had rights to show it in Yankees territory (so if you were in Hartford, you'd actually be able to watch the game on three channels, each with different commentary: Red Sox comms on NESN, Yankees comms on YES, and neutral on FS1). I'd expect that if you added up the three channels, you'd get well over a million viewers, but that Fox was willing to pay that much for terrible rights is kind of telling how crazy the sports rights market is right now. Then again, the only reason now to pay $100 or more a month for TV or not record everything and skip the ads is live sports....

I suspect that it was a nonexclusive broadcast, where FS1 had rights to show it nationally and NESN (mostly owned by Fenway Sports Group (John Henry's consortium)) had the rights to show it in Red Sox territory while YES (jointly owned by the Yankees and Fox) had rights to show it in Yankees territory (so if you were in Hartford, you'd actually be able to watch the game on three channels, each with different commentary: Red Sox comms on NESN, Yankees comms on YES, and neutral on FS1). I'd expect that if you added up the three channels, you'd get well over a million viewers, but that Fox was willing to pay that much for terrible rights is kind of telling how crazy the sports rights market is right now. Then again, the only reason now to pay $100 or more a month for TV or not record everything and skip the ads is live sports....

thanks.

It's Ellison.got told yesterday fishing with my mate who has job at villa, not a shit job.has own office and everything.

thats it then. Close the thread?

• Like 2

If villa were sold,  don't you think something would have been leaked out by now?

From the club? No. There are already talks that it's happened with media in the US saying it's a done deal which suggests at the very least that the buyer is American but who it is besides that is unknown. Things are slowly starting to trickle out but it won't be from Aston Villa or the buyer until it is ready to be disclosed formally. 

If villa were sold,  don't you think something would have been leaked out by now?

From the club? No. There are already talks that it's happened with media in the US saying it's a done deal which suggests at the very least that the buyer is American but who it is besides that is unknown. Things are slowly starting to trickle out but it won't be from Aston Villa or the buyer until it is ready to be disclosed formally. 

Who by? and link or proof cheers.

five posts now actually, ill tell you guys name after Monday who told me.just cos only have few posts doesn't mean I'm less of a fan than anyone else.

I'm sure you're a fan and I'm sure you're as ITK as everyone else here. That'll be the problem.

I'll tell you I wrote Lerner's statement.

After he releases it.

Edit: Actually, it would be great if you can stop suggesting you have insider info. Feel free to contribute either with facts or speculation, but don't tell people you know something and don't want to tell them. That's just annoying.

Edited by Feidhlim