$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Lerner is staying but cash injection from naming rights.

Feel free to make a note of the date and time ;-)

• Like 1

Fact: Although we escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth, our club is ripe for a takeover. Low player costs and wages - for a team this big - who owns their own ground, with room for development and links to London via HS2, make both Birmingham and Villa an attractive proposition.

We need:

Investment in the team.

A higher wage budget.

Room to compete for better signings - challenging teams above and around us for the best talent.

A new owner who can increase funding for the club - sponsors, marketing and other unique ways. Investment into the team is a priority to stop us falling down into the next division - which is going to happen if we continue as we are.

The club also needs a USP - it needs to be a brand. We have ZERO identity and this is something the next owners need to look at. We need to be marketed in our own way to appeal to sponsors and fans.

Sony?

Experience in what?

Just to add, I never understood how some have been so quick to jump to the conclusion that a takeover is definitely happening either.

Well for a start, I don't remember there ever being a takeover where you haven't even got an inkling of who the prospective owner is going to be. 

Also, every takeover rumour that I've read has involved Twatter or attention seekers on another website (bullshit)

All we have to go on is what Randy said a couple of months ago, which you can take which ever way you want.

And what GT said today, and the strange way that Lambert is behaving.

Didn't sound convincing to me.

And Lambert is just strange full stop. Sounds like a man who fears for his job.

Seems strange Lambert flapping about his job if there was no takeover going on. I mean he has apparently forfilled Lerner's remit with flying colours, so why would he sack him

Unless he knows there is a couple of Billion coming in, an he is desperate to have a piece of it to prove himself!

Fact: Although we escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth, our club is ripe for a takeover. Low player costs and wages - for a team this big - who owns their own ground, with room for development and links to London via HS2, make both Birmingham and Villa an attractive proposition.

We need:

Investment in the team.

A higher wage budget.

Room to compete for better signings - challenging teams above and around us for the best talent.

A new owner who can increase funding for the club - sponsors, marketing and other unique ways. Investment into the team is a priority to stop us falling down into the next division - which is going to happen if we continue as we are.

The club also needs a USP - it needs to be a brand. We have ZERO identity and this is something the next owners need to look at. We need to be marketed in our own way to appeal to sponsors and fans.

Sony?

How did you know I'm buying a Bravia W8 tomorrow? (true story, same as above ;-))

• Like 1

I'm sure I heard the Family who own City were worth half a Trillion which I think is 500 Billion. So that would make these Fama guys incredibly rich. Not sure if the rich Saudi who has a box at Villa is a part of them though.

Today $200 million is a joke price for the club which always made this rumour ridiculous to me. Why the hell would Lerner sell for that amount?

People have really allowed themselves to get carried away on scuttlebutt