$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

The Ellison rumours just sound too good to be true. He's the type of name that someone would pluck out of thin air just to make up a rumour, spark a bit of excitement and enjoy the following disappointment when people realise it's all bullsh*t. Obviously I'd love it if true, but I don't believe it.

• Like 1

Captain on the premier league champions......6mill

Just makes you wonder doesn't it?

Look at how much most of their other players cost.

There is always more than one angle to a point......just making this one.

what is he suppose to say? were **** shit and im appalling?

No that's our job

were pretty good at it too!

We are good at something then

He could not have said it at all. It's one thing to say "We played well, the lads did their best, we're improving but we have injuries", but it's a completely different thing to say that it's an achievement to not get relegated. We have no divine right to stay in the Prem, but our manager should not be saying that.

It doesn't make me wonder. Evra and Vidic cosy about the same but if their clubs weren't loaded and paying huge wages, giving out new and improved contracts every couple of years since they signed they wouldn't be there.

Look I was told Ellison has bought it, not hiding anything.just ignore it if you don't like it but to slag me off is stupid.it's a forum and I passed on what I was told and been berated for it.

Cheers for posting. It might be bollocks, but you did say what you heard. This is thread is purely speculation anyway. Not sure why people are getting on your back, they don't have to listen.

Not saying I believe it, but it's all just rumours and I'm all for a bit of speculation.

• Like 4

And what is your point? There are always gems out there (see Benteke for £7m) but to win the league or even be up there challenging you have to spend an absolute ton of money these days. Don't even know why you brought it up - we're very far away from that point.

• Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert on his future, with an announcement from owner Randy Lerner due next week: "What is going to happen next week will happen. It's a great club and it shouldn't be where it is. I'm the manager of the club and hope to still be here.

"It's plain to see what we need. If you don't get investment, then it is always hard. It's a massive club and the lads are hurting with the criticism but, as I said to the lads, they should be proud for staying up because it's a hell of an achievement."

That all but confirm's something is happening next week and it's related to investment and Randy not investing comparatively to the size of the club. A positive sign!  

• Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert on his future, with an announcement from owner Randy Lerner due next week: "What is going to happen next week will happen. It's a great club and it shouldn't be where it is. I'm the manager of the club and hope to still be here.

"It's plain to see what we need. If you don't get investment, then it is always hard. It's a massive club and the lads are hurting with the criticism but, as I said to the lads, they should be proud for staying up because it's a hell of an achievement."

Basically saying; you're shit lads and when the new owner comes in you'll be playing for Championship clubs where you belong.

He could not have said it at all. It's one thing to say "We played well, the lads did their best, we're improving but we have injuries", but it's a completely different thing to say that it's an achievement to not get relegated. We have no divine right to stay in the Prem, but our manager should not be saying that.

then he would just get bollocked for blaming the injuries. i think hes having a bit of a stab at lerner as he knows hes most likely getting the sack and im assuming he has a decent relationship with the players so he dont want to drag them in the dirt. really dont see an issue with it

I wouldn't read too much in to the line "Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert on his future, with an announcement from owner Randy Lerner due next week:"

Looks like a throw-away statement from the reporter who probably doesn't have any more information than the rest of us. I'm still sat here with the Moet on ice optimistic of a Sunday evening announcement.

I want one thing from a new owner, if there is one, and that's a bit of passion. My main problem with Lerner isn't the lack of funds (although it's up there), it's the amount of interest he shows in the club. If we get a new owner who goes to some home games and shows a love for the club and it's history, and also has a little bit of dollar, then I'll be happy!

And what is your point? There are always gems out there (see Benteke for £7m) but to win the league or even be up there challenging you have to spend an absolute ton of money these days. Don't even know why you brought it up - we're very far away from that point.

And my point is that players of that calibre can be found for 6 mill.......yes Benteke was one that's 2 so let's find 11

Let's just drop the excuses and employ some hard work on the scouting front.

I wouldn't read too much in to the line "Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert on his future, with an announcement from owner Randy Lerner due next week:"

Looks like a throw-away statement from the reporter who probably doesn't have any more information than the rest of us. I'm still sat here with the Moet on ice optimistic of a Sunday evening announcement.

I want one thing from a new owner, if there is one, and that's a bit of passion. My main problem with Lerner isn't the lack of funds (although it's up there), it's the amount of interest he shows in the club. If we get a new owner who goes to some home games and shows a love for the club and it's history, and also has a little bit of dollar, then I'll be happy!

Lambert himself said "what happens next week will happen"

• Like 2

And my point is that players of that calibre can be found for 6 mill.......yes Benteke was one that's 2 so let's find 11

Let's just drop the excuses and employ some hard work on the scouting front.

What excuses? Nobody is saying we can't pick up gems but you're deluded if you think you can build a title-winning team without spending hundreds of millions.

We're nowhere near that stage at the moment anyway.