$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Fact: Although we escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth, our club is ripe for a takeover. Low player costs and wages - for a team this big - who owns their own ground, with room for development and links to London via HS2, make both Birmingham and Villa an attractive proposition.

We need:

Investment in the team.

A higher wage budget.

Room to compete for better signings - challenging teams above and around us for the best talent.

A new owner who can increase funding for the club - sponsors, marketing and other unique ways. Investment into the team is a priority to stop us falling down into the next division - which is going to happen if we continue as we are.

The club also needs a USP - it needs to be a brand. We have ZERO identity and this is something the next owners need to look at. We need to be marketed in our own way to appeal to sponsors and fans.

Lerner is staying but cash injection from naming rights.

Feel free to make a note of the date and time ;-)

Sony?

'Ladies and Gentleman, welcome to the new era and support your new team for the 21st Century- Birmingham Villans'

Rebooted 2.0 for the new dawn of football dominance.

Joking aside, we will get sold this summer- they haven't denied all the rumours and even Sir Graham thinks so. That's enough for me. If this will make any difference to Villa in the long run I have no idea but it can't be any worse than the last 3 seasons-can it?

Today $200 million is a joke price for the club which always made this rumour ridiculous to me. Why the hell would Lerner sell for that amount?

People have really allowed themselves to get carried away on scuttlebutt

You mean £200 million? You reckon it's too much.

Today $200 million is a joke price for the club which always made this rumour ridiculous to me. Why the hell would Lerner sell for that amount?

I meant GBP 200 million. With the new TV money it's worth far more.

I meant GBP 200 million. With the new TV money it's worth far more.

But 200M would mean Lerner would get the money back that he put in. If he wants out so badly why would he risk the chance of a deal falling through by demanding more? Plus if he stays as owner he will need to invest more for us to even stay in the league.

I think he will be gone in the summer.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/paul-lambert-and-aston-villa.915679/page-1 This is a little bit surreal. Sunderlands biggest fan sight and they basically have an 8 page thread arguing about how shit Villa are, they really hate us

Very subjective comment. On the contrary, I would suggest that they realise how the mighty have fallen. Sunderland were like Villa a massive club and some of their fans empathise:

"Your living in the past fella just like many safc and av fans............. av were a big club and so were sunderland.................av have won the european cup....but so have derby!..............look at the history of both clubs and there are a lot of parallels............. sunderland like av were once the best in the land but no more !sad but get real at this present time av are no better than sunderland end off!"

I agree with there fans I hate our fans who say 'our massive club'. We are a big club a top 10 in the country club we have a big amount of potential but it stops there take out stuff that happened over 50 years ago and our record is crap for a big club.

Edited by suttonpaul

I agree with there fans I hate our fans who say 'our massive club'. We are a big club a top 10 in the country club we have a big amount of potential but it stops there take out stuff that happened over 50 years ago and our record is crap for a big club.

Accept your point, but 1981/82 is well less than "50 years ago"

Only a few more days and we can hopefully put all this to bed

Yeah. We're historically a big club, but that counts for nothing these days. Ask forest

I agree with there fans I hate our fans who say 'our massive club'. We are a big club a top 10 in the country club we have a big amount of potential but it stops there take out stuff that happened over 50 years ago and our record is crap for a big club

Also, 50 years ago was 1963/4 when very bad things (e.g. finishing 19th in the old 1st Division) were happening.

True enough but even that is over 30 years ago!

Top 10 is where we are size wise we shouldn't pretend we are bigger than that. Of course if Ellison buys us and throws 500m at us we can argue we are in a few years legitimately

Top 10 is where we are size wise we shouldn't pretend we are bigger than that. Of course if Ellison buys us and throws 500m at us we can argue we are in a few years legitimately

When are you going to get your head around FFP? Some posters on this thread do not seem to understand the ramifications of it.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/paul-lambert-and-aston-villa.915679/page-1 This is a little bit surreal. Sunderlands biggest fan sight and they basically have an 8 page thread arguing about how shit Villa are, they really hate us

Hate seeing our fans on other clubs forums being so ignorant , agree we are a bigger club but no need to troll their thread

When are you going to get your head around FFP? Some posters on this thread do not seem to understand the ramifications of it.

I assume you are being ironic?