Season Ticket Renewal 2014/5 - Yes/No

smetrov

Let's hope so dude. Judging by your posts I think you and me are around the same age so we've been lucky to see some great times as well as the shite we're going through now. However I'm still eternally grateful to my dad for taking me to Villa Park as a 5 year old and I'm sure in 40 odd years time my kids will say the same.

Onwards and upwards......

I never supported villa because they were any good - I supported them because my Dad took me many years ago  (and we were in Div 3 at the time)

Same as me - and those days were nowhere near as mind-numbingly crap as now. Although half the problem is the "Preeeeeeeemier League" age. It's killed football stone dead.

Last time we won the league, one of any 8 or nine clubs had a shout. These days it's the same old boring bollocks winning it all and getting all the TV exposure.

It's a yawnfest.

As for the comment above "what else is there to do on a Saturday", I'll say

a) Loads of things

and b ) Saturday? we actually play on Saturday?

Rob's quote is exactly how I feel  - in my case it was my older Brother who first took me to Villa  - I've seen good and bad but I've never felt so despondent about them as I do now.    I am seriously wondering whether I could get a refund on my season ticket renewal!   Every day, the news just seems to get worse and worse.   There's no take over in sight is there - let's just face it!  .  

• Like 1

I never supported villa because they were any good - I supported them because my Dad took me many years ago  (and we were in Div 3 at the time)

Same as me - and those days were nowhere near as mind-numbingly crap as now. Although half the problem is the "Preeeeeeeemier League" age. It's killed football stone dead.

Last time we won the league, one of any 8 or nine clubs had a shout. These days it's the same old boring bollocks winning it all and getting all the TV exposure.

It's a yawnfest.

As for the comment above "what else is there to do on a Saturday", I'll say

a) Loads of things

and b ) Saturday? we actually play on Saturday?

Rob's quote is exactly how I feel  - in my case it was my older Brother who first took me to Villa  - I've seen good and bad but I've never felt so despondent about them as I do now.    I am seriously wondering whether I could get a refund on my season ticket renewal!   Every day, the news just seems to get worse and worse.   There's no take over in sight is there - let's just face it!  .  

It's hardly inspiring to know that the £1000 i've just spent maybe funding signings of the calibre of Senderos. I don't expect the club to make major signings until the pwnership is sorted out but if this is a taster of what we can expect then it's not going to entice those that are still deciding whether or not to renew.

If Villa try, I'll try. Simple as.

Try in what way? There's plenty of people trying to do their best at the club, the difference is whether you think their best is good enough.

Apart from the owner who controls the way the club is run and what it can achieve.

I renewed weeks ago in the annual triumph of hope over experience.

I totally respect other posters views that in their opinion its a waste of money or its poor entertainment or whatever. The bottom line is you pays your money and takes your choice. Its not a better fan argument either its simply a choice. I am lucky in being probably a bit older than the average age on here that money is not a consideration. Mind you my other half (a Chelsea fan :rolleyes: ) thinks its a complete waste of money.

• Like 1

Even in the year when we won the league last we never expected it.

Villa fans don't expect much IMO.....but the show on display is getting gradually worse.

We have always been driven by hope, but when your head tells you that hope is a pipe dream in itself.....its time to ask yourself the question....."what the hell am I doing here"

all the posters on this site will never give up their faith in Villa, its in the blood, but when an upfront payment is required for empty hopes in return, its time maybe to say we will pay as we go thanks.

They want us to guarantee payment for a season , but they cannot/will not guarantee they will be doing everything in their power to improve the quality of player, to improve the show.

There is something about it all that smacks of being taken for mugs.

I'll pay as i go and if the show don't improve, i will feel less obliged to go just because I've paid.

I might not be the best fan in the world, but I'm sure not going to be a lemming.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Even in the year when we won the league last we never expected it.

Villa fans don't expect much IMO.....but the show on display is getting gradually worse.

We have always been driven by hope, but when your head tells you that hope is a pipe dream in itself.....its time to ask yourself the question....."what the hell am I doing here"

all the posters on this site will never give up their faith in Villa, its in the blood, but when an upfront payment is required for empty hopes in return, its time maybe to say we will pay as we go thanks.

They want us to guarantee payment for a season , but they cannot/will not guarantee they will be doing everything in their power to improve the quality of player, to improve the show.

There is something about it all that smacks of being taken for mugs.

I'll pay as i go and if the show don't improve, i will feel less obliged to go just because I've paid.

I might not be the best fan in the world, but I'm sure not going to be a lemming.

Well said, it's time Villa stopped taking the paying public for mugs.

Just pay as you go. It will work out cheaper as you will only go to the games where you are likely to see some football on display and there will never be a problem trying to obtain a ticket.

I think they are flogging a dead horse at the moment. We have 9 season tickets not one is renewing. We are all of the opinion that if the club won't invest why should we.

As has been said before we will pick our games as tickets aren't a problem.

If the club shows some ambition then we might change our minds.

All we want is some hope!!

• Like 3

It's hardly inspiring to know that the £1000 i've just spent maybe funding signings of the calibre of Senderos. I don't expect the club to make major signings until the pwnership is sorted out but if this is a taster of what we can expect then it's not going to entice those that are still deciding whether or not to renew.

It doesn't though, the sky money does.

It doesn't though, the sky money does.

Don't say that, he's probably paying for Sky too!

I renewed.  We seriously considered changing to egg chasing and getting season tickets to Bath, but in the end we fell foul to the lure of spending the day with our other good friends that all go to the Villa.  We are quite used to the best part of the day being the meal before the game which we often have in the Holte suite so it sure as hell isn't about the quality of the food. 

I had to renew even though I didn't really want too. It's a force of habit now rather than enjoyment. If it weren't for meeting up with a couple of friends who I don't get to see very often, I wouldn't bother renewing. I certainly don't go to Villa Park to watch the football we play.  

Edited by PieFacE

I had to renew even though I didn't really want too. It's a force of habit now rather than enjoyment. If it weren't for meeting up with a couple of friends who I don't get to see very often, I wouldn't bother renewing. I certainly don't go to Villa Park to watch the football we play.  

get some cheaper friends. lol :)

• Like 1

I'm not renewing this year,I just can't afford to. Got another baby due, plus holiday in september. Add to that all the other bills etc. Il be going to a lot of the home games and the odd away game but I just can't afford to pay upfront. The thing is if the club showed some ambition and made some effort then I'd scrape enough to get one. But why should I have to pay that expense when the club are offering you nothing but misery near enough every home game. Add to that I'm fed up of the games being moved to sundays, any games that are on sundays I'm not bothering with. Feel bad that I aint renewing but stuff em, I'll decide when I'm going and when I aint.

Â