Season Ticket Renewal 2014/5 - Yes/No

smetrov

I'd renew if we were in the Conference, I'm not going to turn my back on Aston Villa just because things aren't going well.

I think I would as well Wedge. In fact, I would renew if we were in the Championship without a doubt next season as we would be in a tournament that at least we had a chance of competing and most likely with a new manager and (less likely) a new owner too.

But - for the jingoist further up the thread who would urge everyone to renew (my old chestnut about not falling for blind loyalty), I'm not paying 500 notes to watch the same old next season. Sooner or later, as a supporter, if you are not happy, you have to act. Different strokes etc.

I must admit i was like others saying you should support through thick and thin etc.  This is my 20th season with one now since i was 10, i threatened in the last few seasons not to get one but always have done out of blind faith and love for the club.  Now though i think this season that's it for me with regards to renewing, i am not saying i will never go again, i will pick and choose my games and feel a lot better for it.   Yeah it will be hard and weird not been at every home game (its actually harder not to go than go to a match, those who have been going long enough, had one long enough, live local etc will know this feeling) but until i see some sort of plan from the club that we're going in the right direction than i think i am making the right decision.

There just doesn't seem to be any direction at the club no more, it just seems like its survive on a cheap budget and nothing else matters.  i was supportive of lambert mainly because of wanting stability but now there can be no defending him after 18 losses in the premier league for the first time and the 10 home defeats in a league season in our history.  So that will be a new manager, another season of transition and who knows if we will get taken over so they could be working under the same conditions as lambert and if thats the case nothing will change.

Then there is the fact that they have gone up again, yeah mine has only gone up by £20 but with all the tv money we MIGHT be getting next season (if we manage to stay up) i can't see how they can justify a rise.  Most clubs TV money goes on quality signings and decent wages, ours clearly doesn't.

In a time when i'm getting older life and commitments change and i care about villa that much that it heavily effects my mood i am gonna take a step back next season pick and choose some games and see how i feel come half season ticket time.

• Like 1

I must admit i was like others saying you should support through thick and thin etc.  This is my 20th season with one now since i was 10, i threatened in the last few seasons not to get one but always have done out of blind faith and love for the club.  Now though i think this season that's it for me with regards to renewing, i am not saying i will never go again, i will pick and choose my games and feel a lot better for it.   Yeah it will be hard and weird not been at every home game (its actually harder not to go than go to a match, those who have been going long enough, had one long enough, live local etc will know this feeling) but until i see some sort of plan from the club that we're going in the right direction than i think i am making the right decision.

There just doesn't seem to be any direction at the club no more, it just seems like its survive on a cheap budget and nothing else matters.  i was supportive of lambert mainly because of wanting stability but now there can be no defending him after 18 losses in the premier league for the first time and the 10 home defeats in a league season in our history.  So that will be a new manager, another season of transition and who knows if we will get taken over so they could be working under the same conditions as lambert and if thats the case nothing will change.

Then there is the fact that they have gone up again, yeah mine has only gone up by £20 but with all the tv money we MIGHT be getting next season (if we manage to stay up) i can't see how they can justify a rise.  Most clubs TV money goes on quality signings and decent wages, ours clearly doesn't.

In a time when i'm getting older life and commitments change and i care about villa that much that it heavily effects my mood i am gonna take a step back next season pick and choose some games and see how i feel come half season ticket time.

Well done. It is a bit weird at first but after a few games (especially having drawn or lost as is the case for the last few seasons) then you will become accustomed to it and will find other better things to spend your money on and the result will only affect you for a short time after knowing it and then you can get on with the rest of your life in a much happier mood.

• Like 1

As promised just renewed my North Stand season ticket earlier today @ £432.00

Best money I have ever spent.

Even better news is that  I was actually in a queue & there were plenty behind me too.

Renew, renew, renew.

Do it today.

You know you it makes sense. :flag:

I had the sh*ts in Italy once. I found one of those public toilets done out like someone's living room (and there was no queue). The toilet was a hole in the ground type (quite clean though). It was the best 300 Lira I ever spent.

I renewed yesterday, so I'll be getting that 10% in Villa Cash (which should pay for next years top).

I'm hoping next year, we're not rolled up in a relegation battle again. But I wouldn't be suprised if we are.

Im much more of a villa fan than a football fan - watching Barcelona v Dortmund just wouldn't cut it for me, as much as watching Villa v Sheff utd - if it ain't the Villa - the product is almost worthless to me ! - yeah its fustrating that we are crap - but even a crap villa team ......nothing else compares

So yeah Ive renewed - I enjoy the day out with my lads - its a heck of a lot cash - and I ain't a rich bloke. Fully agree\sympathise with those who say its to much money to toss away - but equally I didn't support villa because they were good, won things, or played great football .... I support em because my dad took me many years back....even now its a baton I am very proud to hand to my kids ....they don't support Manu \ Arse \ Liverpool .. they support Aston Villa..

[Gets off soap box ]

• Like 1

Â