Season Ticket Renewal 2014/5 - Yes/No

smetrov

Went there yesterday to possibly relocate, the guy that took us round told us this time last year they was on around 20k sold this year it's sitting at 13k.

How true this is I don't know but this is what we was told

Yeah I was going to ask if anyone had any idea what sales were like currently. That figure doesn't surprise me at all.

Last year our attendances generally held up well despite the dismal home form, our average was about 36k I think.

I don't see us getting anywhere near even 20k season ticket holders so sub 30k attendances will probably be happening for half our games this season.

That's what happens when you average 5 home wins a season, constant relegation battles and the whole club just has the feel of stagnation and hopelessness about it.

Of course things will change with new ownership/managers, let's just hope it happens sooner rather than later as we are in a sorry state at the minute.

Honestly, the FA Cup and Capital one cup seem like more appealing matches to go to than the premier league ones right now.

Is that because they'll only be two of them?

If we are drawn away in the first games of each cup there won't be any to attend at VP! lol

I rang up the other day to renew after I told myself I wernt. I rang up to relocate my seat from the holte to the north lower, and it was 380. Luckily I did not have the details on me I needed so I said I'd ring back when I get home, by the time I got home I had changed my mind. Two reasons,the first I can't really afford it at the moment and the second reason being the main reason is that it just aint worth it one bit. Don't get me wrong villa are pretty cheap but its still not worth it. We get entertained at home about three times a season, there will be some very low gates next season.

when you are no help to the team,or some of the supporters around you, because your frustration at the lack of quality and on some occasions the half hearted approach from some of the players when its not going right.....consumes you.

Its time to stay at away and leave it to the supporters that don't suffer with the same frustration and can dismiss the half soaked approach and keep on singing.

those guys really are diamonds and i sincerely wished i could be one.

Edited by TRO

I'll be there. I'm still looking forward to the season. I'd hoped Lambert would be replaced and a takeover would happen, but even if both don't, I'll still look forward to going to VP. Our players aren't terrible. Bacuna, Westwood and Delph have all shown glimpses of quality, Vlaar and Okore will be a decent partnership in defence, and our forwards CAN produce, on their day. There's also the promise of Grealish/Gardner showing us something new. Hopefully we'll reproduce some of the (few) good performances we've seen, and if not, I'll look forward to the next match where we will... Go again.

• Like 1

I feel so sorry for everyone that renews for next season. I respect you all, but I don't envy you.

I used to slate 'armchair fans' but I've got to admit it is nice being able to watch every game home and away for free in great quality, being able to see what is happening without some fat guy sitting next to you as we bore ourselves to another 0-2 defeat. The best part is, I can just click the big X button on my screen when we inevitably lose again.

I've picked my games wisely though, I saw us beat West Brom 4-3, Hull 3-1, Sunderland 6-1 the season before. The only entertaining game I missed was the Chelsea 1-0 win.

Just bought a family season ticket for next season for the first time in many years , i believe it allows you to access the matchday lounges , is there a charge for these? I also have to email my kids birth certs in before they will send the cards out , does anyone know the correct email address for this? Thanks

I'll be there. I'm still looking forward to the season. I'd hoped Lambert would be replaced and a takeover would happen, but even if both don't, I'll still look forward to going to VP. Our players aren't terrible. Bacuna, Westwood and Delph have all shown glimpses of quality, Vlaar and Okore will be a decent partnership in defence, and our forwards CAN produce, on their day. There's also the promise of Grealish/Gardner showing us something new. Hopefully we'll reproduce some of the (few) good performances we've seen, and if not, I'll look forward to the next match where we will... Go again.

Enjoy the 4 home wins next season. ;)

The reality is given the make up of our squad is that if we do have a season where we do actually surpass expectations a bit, the good football and results are yet again most likely to come away from home imo.

I feel so sorry for everyone that renews for next season. I respect you all, but I don't envy you.

I used to slate 'armchair fans' but I've got to admit it is nice being able to watch every game home and away for free in great quality, being able to see what is happening without some fat guy sitting next to you as we bore ourselves to another 0-2 defeat. The best part is, I can just click the big X button on my screen when we inevitably lose again.

I've picked my games wisely though, I saw us beat West Brom 4-3, Hull 3-1, Sunderland 6-1 the season before. The only entertaining game I missed was the Chelsea 1-0 win.

4-3 against Baggies? You don't need to feel sorry for us. We weren't forced into renewing. I'd imagine the majority still find enjoyment from going. Even if it's to witness the odd moment of quality, before inevitably conceding, whilst also knowing that we're there to support the team, cheer them on and try to push them over the line, unlike the armchair folk ;)
  • Like 2

If it wasn't a £45 commute each time I'd renew but I can't justify it with the lack of effort the club are putting in. I'll spend the money on holidays and doing my flat up instead and pick and choose the games. My only real loss is instant access to away tickets.

Just renewed my ticket. Moved from R4 lower north to the R3 lower north. Moved because it looks as if more people stand in R3 than R4. Can anyone who sits near there shed some light on the situation? The reason i renewed is simply about love for the club than enjoying what i end up seeing every Saturday. Hopefully we can pull through this season and muster a cup run

From my experience in the Lower North everybody stands from where the stand meets the away to about half way across.  They've tried to clamp down in the past but they never get anywhere :)

Haven't sat(stood) there since 12/13 season though.  Still looks the same from the Holte though.

• 2 weeks later...

Myself and my girlfriend told them we wasn't renewing this season and they said ok fair enough but your season ticket seats available only till end of June (last month)

We have had nothing but phone calls since, sometimes 3 times a day as well as emails and text messages galore, harassment at it's finest and starting to get annoying.

Myself and my girlfriend told them we wasn't renewing this season and they said ok fair enough but your season ticket seats available only till end of June (last month)

We have had nothing but phone calls since, sometimes 3 times a day as well as emails and text messages galore, harassment at it's finest and starting to get annoying.

I had the same im not renewing at all. Board dont care nor do i im being sensible with my money just like them

Tell them to stop. They will.

Didnt renew last year after many many years, (Upper Holte) and wont this year, but it isn't the Team, it is (partly the expense, and mainly) the prospect of getting stuck next to one of many critical/fed up supporters....I will pick games and go places where I can get to empty or positive  seats if necessary.

If anyone is in a part of the ground where people stay positive and enthusiastic come what may, let me know, as for me that is what it has always been about.

I would rather all those who dont like it, didnt go, and stand in a crowd of 10 000 who really got behind the Team.

Or 1000 if thats all there is !!! :)

• Like 1

Â