Season Ticket Renewal 2014/5 - Yes/No

smetrov

I will renew regardless of which division were in and whoever the owner or the manager is. Its been bad this season but it has had its highs and its those highs that I wouldn't get sitting at home listening to the radio or having fotmob alerts inform me of the goals.

How many times in your life do you jump up and down, sing, dance and shout with 35,000 people? Not many, at the Villa if any. 

Corrected for you!

I will renew regardless of which division were in and whoever the owner or the manager is. Its been bad this season but it has had its highs and its those highs that I wouldn't get sitting at home listening to the radio or having fotmob alerts inform me of the goals.

How many times in your life do you jump up and down, sing, dance and shout with 35,000 people? Not many, at the Villa if any. 

Corrected for you!

How many do you get sitting at home on your arse?

Corrected for you!

How many do you get sitting at home on your arse?

I don't get so depressed, that's good enough for me!!

It's a shame people let football get to them so much, to the point that they decide not to have a season ticket or go to many games. <br />

<br />

Throughout the time that we had Houllier, McLeish and Lambert, I've not once thought that I wouldn't renew. If we concede one goal, many goals or lose a game, I think 'oh bugger' for about 20 seconds, then continue with my life. I'll laugh it off with the guys I sit by and at the end of the game, walk back to the car with my best mate and chat about other stuff.

The day after we lost 7-1 to Chelsea under MON I renewed my season ticket.

Now after our 4-1 reverse at Swansea I shall get myself down to Villa Park tomorrow to renew again.

I will follow the Villa till the day I die.

Whatever division we are in I will always be there but obviously I hope it will always be in the top flight.

I can never understand the mentality of fans threatening not to renew. By walking away from us how is that ultimately going to benefit the team or the club.

My message to fellow fans is renew, renew, renew.

Or maybe people have a life outside of villa?

• Like 1

Now after our 4-1 reverse at Swansea I shall get myself down to Villa Park tomorrow to renew again.

Whatever division we are in I will always be there but obviously I hope it will always be in the top flight.

I can never understand the mentality of fans threatening not to renew. By walking away from us how is that ultimately going to benefit the team or the club.

That thought probably never even crossed his mind.

Because it seems totally illogical that any body would even contemplate turning their back on the club they profess to love.

If you don't wish to follow the Villa keep on walking & take your criticism with you.

Edited by villa-revolution

I've never not renewed due to who the manager is, you go to support the team and were being told that you can still support the team whilst wanting the manager gone. So how's not turning up still supporting the team? I missed houlliers season and the first half of McLeish due to work. I got s a half season ticket for the rest of that season though, to support the team.

Because it seems totally illogical that any body would even contemplate turning their back on the club they profess to love.

If you don't wish to follow the Villa keep on walking & take your criticism with you.

This may be too much for you too comprehend but following the Villa is not just about buying a season ticket.

• Like 4

This may be too much for you too comprehend but following the Villa is not just about buying a season ticket.

Actually no. It is not beyond my comprehension. There are many world wide Villa fans on this site who would love to visit Villa park every single match to offer up their undying & fanatical support. Posters like Kwan, Crackpot Foreigner & p3te for example would jump at the chance to do this  if the opportunity was right on their door step. i presume you are local but I may be mistaken. However, It appears to me that your alleged support for Aston Villa is conditional & that you are basically holding the club you purport to support to ransom. Basically it is perform to my satisfaction or I just don't want to know. Personally I think you are a closet glory hunter but if you want to come out that's fine. This is a modern world & you will be more than welcome to purchase a season ticket at Man City, Chelsea or even Wolverhampton Wanderers now that they have shown signs of life.

As Bill Shankly once said, Football is more important than life or death.

To me that sums up the meaning of Aston Villa FC precisely & succinctly.

Viva La Revolution

Maybe, just maybe, to some people forking out £500 is a fairly decent amount of cash to them? People here support Villa, that's why they're here (with the few exceptions that don't hide the fact they're "away fans"). Just because someone doesn't want to spend £500 to end up regularly feeling upset of a Saturday, it doesn't make them any less of a fan. £500 to me is a lot of money, I don't have a well paid job and I love this club to the point where watching what has happened to us this season upsets me and ruins my weekend. I wish I could just not care watching lifeless defeat after defeat, but it's not something I have control over.

To label people "glory-hunters" because they won't renew for next season shows your lack of understanding. Were we some almighty team last season then? What caused these "glory-hunters" to renew for this season? Did we look like we had the makings of a title winning side?

• Like 3

No. You are either an Aston Villa supporter unconditionally or you are not.

In the great words of poster mantis to coin a phrase you can't be either black or white on this subject.

There is no grey area.

You decide

& don't give me excuses or dress it up any other kind of way.

Villa till I/we die.

You better believe it.

No. You are either an Aston Villa supporter unconditionally or you are not.

In the great words of poster mantis to coin a phrase you can't be either black or white on this subject.

There is no grey area.

Not sure the great poster Mantis will be too comfortable with this quote because if there is no grey area, your only choice is to be black or white. So to quote him saying you can't either be black or white just doesn't make any sense.

I'm moving out next year however I'm going to put everything on hold for the villa so I can stay with mummy and daddy until I'm 30. I've got better things to spend my money on, apologies for not being as hardcore as you lot

Lol at the glory hunter comment, joker

Edited by Giro
  • Like 1

I've not been able to have a season ticket since the Houllier season but if we sack Lambert (not even that fussed about the takeover as much as it would be nice) I would probably invest in a half ST next winter (working hours are erratic at best at the moment hence why only a half).

Edited by NulliSecundus

Maybe, just maybe, to some people forking out £500 is a fairly decent amount of cash to them? People here support Villa, that's why they're here (with the few exceptions that don't hide the fact they're "away fans"). Just because someone doesn't want to spend £500 to end up regularly feeling upset of a Saturday, it doesn't make them any less of a fan. £500 to me is a lot of money, I don't have a well paid job and I love this club to the point where watching what has happened to us this season upsets me and ruins my weekend. I wish I could just not care watching lifeless defeat after defeat, but it's not something I have control over.

To label people "glory-hunters" because they won't renew for next season shows your lack of understanding. Were we some almighty team last season then? What caused these "glory-hunters" to renew for this season? Did we look like we had the makings of a title winning side?

Well said.

• Like 1

I will be renewing in the next few days.

While I understand those who have financial constraints or who cannot make it work but I have never understood those who withhold their support for no other reason only saying "I will not attend or renew":

"until ...... Ellis..., O'Leary, McLeish, Lambert goes" - in fact they piss me off!

I remember standing on the Holte in November 1968, when we were at our lowest ebb, playing Preston when there were just over 13, 000 other lonely fans in VP. We lost 0-1 and went to the very bottom of Division 2. As we walked away from the ground it felt like a funeral march - we were doomed as far as everyone was concerned and it felt like our club way dying.

However the thought of NOT turning up for the next home game never crossed my mind or I am sure the other 13,000+

We couldn't see an end to the shit times but we were not going to walk away. Within a relatively few years we started to see great times and the fair weather fans and glory hunters flooded back claiming never to have been away.

IMHO Aston Villa Football Club is all that matters and who the manager, owner or players are at any given time, makes not a jot of difference to my feelings for the club. Obviously I wish we were more successful now, but it has been such an incredibly important part of my life for decades coming only second to my family.

It has lost me jobs, got me in trouble with the old bill, cost me £tens of thousands, landed me in hospital, spoiled many a weekend but also enabled me to travel all over the UK and Europe and at times made me happy beyond measure.

I said it before and I'll say it again "support your club through thick and thin". I have a good & interesting life beyond Villa, but my club is like my family and I will never walk away.

What a magnificent post & my sentiments entirely.

• Like 1

Â