Leicester City

Villan4Life

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Frank De Boer could be a contender aswell.

A man who was on course to relegate a club  who has never been relegated in their history this season, albeit small sample size, is probably not the man you want to keep a small club up 

I bet Claudio is not too disappointed. Signed a big money contract this year so will be getting a bumper payoff, won the league last year and someone else will have the potential relegation on their CV.

If Carlsberg did football management...

• Like 4

So according to the papers the players got fed up with him rotating the squad to much and complained to the owners.

Papers also says Vardy and Schmeichel among others got a grumpy when he replaced the chicken burgers with pasta in the cantina :).

Really does seem like a case of players getting too big for themselves thinking they are superstars and no longer wan't to put the necessary job in.

• Like 2

According to the papers, they're considering Mancini and Hiddink - if that's true, then I think we can see that the owners perhaps don't appreciate that last year was a complete freak and maybe don't understand where Leicester's natural position is. I'd be amazed to see either of those two managers take over at Leicester.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

According to the papers, they're considering Mancini and Hiddink - if that's true, then I think we can see that the owners perhaps don't appreciate that last year was a complete freak and maybe don't understand where Leicester's natural position is. I'd be amazed to see either of those two managers take over at Leicester.

The thing that could swing it in their favor is money and that neither of Mancini or Hiddink are likely to be sought after by any of the biggest most ambitious clubs anymore.

Already all PL teams earn more money per season than all but a handful of teams in the rest of the world. With Leicester getting another £50m or so from this seasons CL they will have money to throw at any managerial target.

Hiddink and Mancini will not get such high wages at any other place bar Qatar or China.

But I agree, they are very optimistic if they are setting their sights on these two.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

They are in with a very good chance of reaching the last 8 champions league so not sure they are reaching above themselves with those two but are they the men to get them out of trouble, I don't think so. Pearson would be far more likely to do that.

Just now, PaulC said:

They are in with a very good chance of reaching the last 8 champions league so not sure they are reaching above themselves with those two but are they the men to get them out of trouble, I don't think so. Pearson would be far more likely to do that.

Right now they are, yes - but lets face it, the chances of Leicester being in the champions league again in the next twenty years are pretty remote. 

What you have is a club that naturally sits in the lower half of the Premier league battling relegation; and what you have is a team that has some good players that are ageing. Last year was a perfect blend of confidence, luck, ability, players peaking, a great attitude and decent management - it was freakish - in any normal season, escaping relegation should keep a Leicester manager his job and finishing top half should be seen as an achievement. 

I don't associate Guus Hiddink with trying hard to finish in the top half - I just can't see him taking over at Leicester.

The team needs a revamp, and their glory days will be over in a fortnight - the fact that their board think they can attract some of Europe's bigger managerial names is probably a decent clue as to why they thought sacking Ranieri was a good idea. I have a feeling the next three of four years might see them fed a great big dish of reality.

They have a talented squad. New manager will be told he has to keep them up and try to keep them in champs league as long as possible, but if Leicester stay up, next season will be very interesting for them. Will the owner invest heavily to get Leicester back to the top, or will he just be content with keeping Leicester in the prem? 

It annoys me that so many people are annoyed by this :D

They're going down. They need to change something.

An amazing achievement last season, but if they want to stay in the league he has to go.

I also find it quite patronising that people are saying stuff like "Yeah but this is where Leicester were before Ranieri so they should be ok with it" 

Why? They won the **** league, they should be rightly furious that he didn't build on that whatsoever.

Sentiment is fine, but sometimes managers are good at one thing and not another. Ranieri was clearly brilliant at harnessing the momentum they gained last year and keeping the team motivated to win the league.
But defending a title or winning it a second time is way different than that, and clearly Ranieri hasn't got whatever it takes to do that with Leicester.

Edited by Stevo985

Mid-table while having a decent run in the Champions League was really a decent expectation this season.  He's given them the latter, so it's a shame he couldn't get a bit longer to get them safe.  I don't think they'd have made the change unless they'd had some sort of nod from Mancini that he'd be interested.

19 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Mid-table while having a decent run in the Champions League was really a decent expectation this season.  He's given them the latter, so it's a shame he couldn't get a bit longer to get them safe.  I don't think they'd have made the change unless they'd had some sort of nod from Mancini that he'd be interested.

I think he was given more time than he normally would have because of the CL run abd the title tbf.

Â