Leicester City

Villan4Life

12 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

N'Didi looks a good signing. Gray will become very good for them. Musa i'm unsure of, I can see him moving on but equally I can see him adapting next season and having a good season hmm it is hard to tell which way he will go.

Mendy looks well off the pace.

They need new defenders in the summer but I agree with the above, providing they pick up enough results to stay up I can see next season being a better season for them (won't win the title again but that isn't the point)

None of them will stay if they go down....maybe Gray but if he has a good end to the season you can see a team like Southampton coming in for him like they did with Redmond.

13 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think Albrighton's days might be numbered there. He's been crap this season.

last Leicester game I saw he was best player on the park and created so many good chances. I think it might actually be the last game they won in the league

20 hours ago, theboyangel said:

They're going to be relegated aren't they??? 

I admit, I would chuckle at that:) 

That would be crap because I think they would absolutely piss the championship next year. That means one promotion spot gone straight away. 

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That would be crap because I think they would absolutely piss the championship next year. That means one promotion spot gone straight away. 

Not necessarily. 

I cannot imagine the likes of vardy , mahrez, drinkwater, albrighton, slimani et al will be at the club if they get relegated. 

The first three mentioned are also all on over £100k a week, which cannot be sustainable in the championship. 

If they get relegated they will potentially have to have a bigger rebuild than we did. 

Leicester would be in a lot of trouble if they were relegated. Who takes Vardy after this season? The only clubs that could afford his wages would be top 4 and I don't think any would want to be paying Vardy that much after this season.

The likes of Mahrez, Schmeichel, Slimani, Drinkwater, and Zeiler would all likely be sold, but for a lot less than what Leicester paid or could have gotten. Then there is Schlupp, Kaputska, Gray, and Mendy who would likely be snapped up. 

Leicester would lose their best young players, and be stuck with the likes of Vardy, Huth, Morgan, Simpson, and Fuchs who all got improved contracts that just isn't sustainable on championship wages. 

• Like 1

Feel sorry for the Tinkerman. The players from last year have all got their nice contracts and are well and truly dining out, whilst the new boys just look like they are there for the craic.

The temptation was always there with the CL to stay on and give it one more season, but I felt at the time, as I do now, he should have walked off into the sunset and closed the book on a hell of a chapter.

• Like 2

On 2/13/2017 at 15:28, DCJonah said:

On 2/13/2017 at 15:41, theboyangel said:

Not necessarily. 

I cannot imagine the likes of vardy , mahrez, drinkwater, albrighton, slimani et al will be at the club if they get relegated. 

The first three mentioned are also all on over £100k a week, which cannot be sustainable in the championship. 

If they get relegated they will potentially have to have a bigger rebuild than we did. 

Plus I think you're always going to get one of the teams who drop down being very good the next season. I haven't looked at the stats, but I'd wager the amount of times the top 2 teams in the championship contains at least one team that was relegated from the prem the previous season is pretty high.

So there's always big competition for those top 2 spots

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Plus I think you're always going to get one of the teams who drop down being very good the next season. I haven't looked at the stats, but I'd wager the amount of times the top 2 teams in the championship contains at least one team that was relegated from the prem the previous season is pretty high.

So there's always big competition for those top 2 spots

DID SOMEBODY SAY STATS!?

15/16 - Burnley 1st, Hull 4th (PO winners), QPR 12th
14/15 - Norwich 3rd (PO winners), Cardiff 11th, Fulham 17th
13/14 - QPR 4th (PO winners), Wigan 5th, Reading 7th
12/13 - Bolton 7th, Blackburn 17th, Wolves 23rd 
11/12 - West Ham 3rd (PO winners), 4th small heath, 5th Blackpool

So in the past 5 years...
1/15 relegated teams has gained automatic promotion.
4/15 teams have won the playoffs
8/15 teams have made the playoffs4/15 teams
1/15 teams have been relegated again

So roughly 2 relegated teams per season will take up spots in the top 6. Before Burnley last season, you have to go back to 2009/10 Championship season when both Newcastle and West Brom were automatically promoted after relegation. Looks like Newcastle will do that again, though.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

So in the past 5 years...

1/15 relegated teams has gained automatic promotion.
4/15 teams have won the playoffs
8/15 teams have made the playoffs4/15 teams
1/15 teams have been relegated again

Interesting.  I expect those numbers to increase over the coming years as the teams who drop down become richer and richer in comparison to the other Championship sides due to the widening Premier League money gap.  Which starts with next season's relegated sides.

Â