Leicester City

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

not sure why people are so surprised. The title probably bought him an extra couple of months of goodwill and hope to turn it around

Bit surprised by the timing but theres no sentiment in football. Results have been dire and he had to go. He did a great job at managing a team that were at the top end of the table but probably isn't the manager to manage at the other end. Who's in the frame Pearson, Rowett. We may have missed our chance. 

Its a shocker of a decision and think any goodwill they had last season has probably been crushed. Players have let him down big-time as some games players like Vardy, Mahrez havent bothered turning up in

Can see them bringing back Pearson, it would sum it all up

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Definitely hope they go down now! 

(Also they come in for Bruce and pay us to release him!)

Better still, straight swap!

As for Leicester, I can't believe they couldn't just put some faith in him. There is no way I would call for our managers head less than a year after winning the league. Funnily enough I was talking about this the other day; I'll probably never see Villa win the league (any league at this rate!) but if I could be guaranteed it even if we were relegated and spent ten years in the Championship it'd be worth it. We'll likely never know that euphoria and yet they couldn't reward him with that loyalty. Sad really.

Hope they're relegated now.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its a shocker of a decision and think any goodwill they had last season has probably been crushed. Players have let him down big-time as some games players like Vardy, Mahrez havent bothered turning up in

Can see them bringing back Pearson, it would sum it all up

I agree they have but the manager is the man ultimately responsible for results. I'm sure the board didn't take this decision lightly, he was probably given extra games because what they achieved last season but the long-term interests of the football club are more important than any sentiment.

If people are saying its the players that are let him down then its the players that won the league last season not the manager. Leicester were never that good They massively over-achieved last season. Momentum was carried on from the previous season and they just carried it on.

Can't say I'm shocked....it was coming imo, Leicester are losing every week after all.

I thought it might be delayed until Leicester go into bottom 3 and out of the champions league though.

I think long term this will help the Ranieri legacy....if they'd gone down he'd have forever been remembered as a manager who relegated a team a year after winning the title...I'm sure people like Mourinho would've been popping up every 5 minutes with Loser Ranieri....now we'll never know what would've happened if he'd stayed on.

Personally I was more shocked when SHA sacked Rowett...that really did come out of nowhere and remains this seasons wtf sacking.

• Like 1

Not really surprised he's gone but the timing seems weird, Even though they lost at least there was a bit of fight against Sevilla and they only have 2 games before the 2nd leg, Liverpool on Monday which they will probably lose regardless of who the manager is and a massive bottom of the table clash with Hull the following week.

Would have thought they would have kept him there until the second leg was done although looking at the weekends fixtures there is a reasonable chance that they could actually be bottom of the league by the time they play on monday

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

BAsically where they were 2 years ago...except they've won the **** Premier League. Absolutely ridiculous.

Yep. If he'd have kept them up last season, job done and he'd have been praised for doing so. He would also likely still be in a job. 

Punished for winning the Premier League, also. Not being able to see out the CL campaign. Horrible decision. 

Â