Leicester City

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Interesting.  I expect those numbers to increase over the coming years as the teams who drop down become richer and richer in comparison to the other Championship sides due to the widening Premier League money gap.  Which starts with next season's relegated sides.

Which means the longer we stay in this division the harder it's gonna get. 

Next year could be key to our long term future. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BOF said:

Interesting.  I expect those numbers to increase over the coming years as the teams who drop down become richer and richer in comparison to the other Championship sides due to the widening Premier League money gap.  Which starts with next season's relegated sides.

The gap in finances is already absolutely massive. 

I don't see why 'absolutely massive +1' makes all that much difference. If splashing cash were all that were required . . . well, I'm sure you can complete the sentence yourself. 

• Like 1

Bet they regret not selling ratboy vardy to arsenal for 20m now and mahrez was attracting interest being quoted are 30m last season. They be lucky if they get 20m for both.

Humiliated by a 10 men Millwall side. Despite our woeful exits at lower league opposition that is embarrassing 

They did pick a reserve side, they have  bigger priorities with the champions leagued game on Wednesday against Sevilla and survival in the Premier League. Much bigger embarrassment for Burnley losing at home to a national league side.

Edited by PaulC

I actually don't understand why they just threw the FA cup away.

Ranieri's on about resting players for the league but their next game isn't the league...it's the champions league.

So they were resting players even though their next league fixture is 9 days away.

Taking the FA cup seriously could've still meant a special season for them. Stay up and win the cup for the first time in their history and another special season in this era for them.

I think with every game it's becoming more and more clear Ranieri doesn't have a clue how to stop the rot. The players certainly don't.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

They did pick a reserve side, they have  bigger priorities with the champions leagued game on Wednesday against Sevilla and survival in the Premier League. Much bigger embarrassment for Burnley losing at home to a national league side.

Why though....they had a much bigger chance of beating a league 1 team than Sevilla over two legs (and they've said they'll rest players for that which is a big mistake I think).

Win yesterday, get a home draw v Boro or someone and you're then in the semis and anything can happen at that point.

If you don't want to take the cup seriously then get knocked out in the 3rd round and then no one will give a stuff.

I don't get clubs who actually win a couple of rounds and then decide they don't want anything to do in the cup.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Why though....they had a much bigger chance of beating a league 1 team than Sevilla over two legs (and they've said they'll rest players for that which is a big mistake I think).

Win yesterday, get a home draw v Boro or someone and you're then in the semis and anything can happen at that point.

If you don't want to take the cup seriously then get knocked out in the 3rd round and then no one will give a stuff.

I don't get clubs who actually win a couple of rounds and then decide they don't want anything to do in the cup.

Because the champions league is  their priority, no matter what anybody says. The players have given a different level of perfomance in that this season than the league. Ranieri, Vardy and Mahrez will be off at the end of the season.

It will be very interesting to see how they perform against Sevilla. If they push them close or beat them over two legs then we will know they are not trying in the league.

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I actually don't understand why they just threw the FA cup away.

Ranieri's on about resting players for the league but their next game isn't the league...it's the champions league.

So they were resting players even though their next league fixture is 9 days away.

Taking the FA cup seriously could've still meant a special season for them. Stay up and win the cup for the first time in their history and another special season in this era for them.

I think with every game it's becoming more and more clear Ranieri doesn't have a clue how to stop the rot. The players certainly don't.

United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs are all still in the FA Cup. Even if they'd beaten Millwall, they'd have had to beat two or maybe three of that group to get the Cup. No way were they doing that on their current form. 

They won't get the ball off Sevilla and N'zonzi will comfortably deal with their physicality from set pieces...he's been in that good form this season.

I see nothing but a comfortable Sevilla win tbh...they are very formidable at home and have stopped leaking goals.

In a funny sort of way Leicester would've probably had more chance playing Barca over two legs...they were very mediocre again tonight v Leganes and lucky to win.

Leicester can still win the league if they win every game this season while Chelsea lose every remaining game, and they need to have a goal difference swing of 54 in that time (13 remaining games).  They are still shorter odds with most bookies to win the title than they were on the opening day of last season. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They won't get the ball off Sevilla and N'zonzi will comfortably deal with their physicality from set pieces...he's been in that good form this season.

I see nothing but a comfortable Sevilla win tbh...they are very formidable at home and have stopped leaking goals.

In a funny sort of way Leicester would've probably had more chance playing Barca over two legs...they were very mediocre again tonight v Leganes and lucky to win.

Yes Sevilla are playing great stuff this season. My fav team to watch in La liga. N'Zonzi is a monster but football is a strange game. Burnley losing to Lincoln shows that. Having said that I predict 3-0 Sevilla first leg.

Yes needed a late pen for Barcelona, PSG were even worse in their game though and Bayern were lucky to scrape a last second equaliser in their game. After the lord mayors show stuff.

Regarding Leicester not bothering about the FA Cup I can totally see it from their perspective. The champions league is a once in a lifetime experience for them its right they should make it their priority over s competition they are in every year no matter what.

Edited by PaulC

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

their set-piece defending has actually been complete crap this season

Â