Leicester City

Villan4Life

I understand the mechanics of what got Ranieri the sack, its football as they say.

However, I think football needs to re-examine itself, before it disappears up its own arse.

• Like 1

Tells you everything you need to know about modern football. Hope they go down which will instantly lose them 10k on the gates and then I hope they go down again. Don't like Leicester or their fans, that stupid pointless accent is annoying to ****  their cringeworthy fans are a bunch of tossers. clearings in the woods .

6 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

The senior players complained, of all the players you wouldn't think the senior ones would, they should be grateful for what they achieved, they were all lower league players and expected relegation candidates until Ranieri came in! 

I heard Vardy is one of main culprits. wouldn be surprised he always seemed a slimy little prick

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

If Vardy hated him that much why didn't he go to Arsenal?

Cus he used that Arsenal bid to get a big fat contract at leicester.

it took him a whole week didn't it to decide against that move, then signed a £100k a week deal at Leicester, probably double what Arsenal offered him, then comes out with all this bullshit about heart is in Leicester blah blah blah. 

No Vardy was already on 70k a week at Leicester. A new contract he signed earlier last season. He was offered a substancial pay rise by Arsenal which would have been more than the 100k a week he later agreed with Leicester.  Too easy to be cynical about players.

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Tells you everything you need to know about modern football. Hope they go down which will instantly lose them 10k on the gates and then I hope they go down again. Don't like Leicester or their fans, that stupid pointless accent is annoying to ****  their cringeworthy fans are a bunch of tossers. clearings in the woods .

I don't wish any malice on any other fans.....we are all the same, we just want our own team to do well.

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I heard Vardy is one of main culprits. wouldn be surprised he always seemed a slimy little prick

Its funny how Andy Gray turned out in the end( and was a pal to me)..... money ruins it all.

they end up chasing the Yankee dollar.

41 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Cus he used that Arsenal bid to get a big fat contract at leicester.

it took him a whole week didn't it to decide against that move, then signed a £100k a week deal at Leicester, probably double what Arsenal offered him, then comes out with all this bullshit about heart is in Leicester blah blah blah. 

I'm not sure Arsenal would only be offering half of what Leicester paid him. £50k is nothing these days, well below market value for top scorer from the champions. He'd have dismissed it instantly if it were the case.

44 minutes ago, Xela said:

You'd think winning the league last year for them would earn him a bit more time

You're only as good as your last result in modern football 

If you were the owner, and staring at relegation and the enormous loss of revenue in the face and you felt he'd lost the dressing room.... would you hang on because of last year or bring in someone who might stop the rot?

19 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

A man who was on course to relegate a club  who has never been relegated in their history this season, albeit small sample size, is probably not the man you want to keep a small club up 

Inter Milan were never getting relegated this season, have a look at the bottom 3 in Italy and how many points they are adrift. On course is stretching the truth a touch.

The mentality is all wrong at Inter Milan....it's a very talented squad but they aren't ruthless. I saw a few of their games under De Boer and they played really well to beat Juventus....and then lost their next three.

Even though they've picked up a bit since they left I doubt they'll get top 4.

Also have to remember he took over only a week before the season started and there was ill discipline off the pitch with Icardi.

He'll end up in England sooner or later.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Vardy is an utter clearing in the woods. Can't stand him.

One season wonder. He'd have been massively found out at Arsenal.

Mahrez has been the worst for me though...now there was a player I thought like Kante could play for an elite club but look at how desperate his performances have been.

The rest of their team just aren't that good....we are talking about Morgan, Huth,, Danny Simpson etc.

Edited by VillaChris

13 hours ago, Genie said:

If you were the owner, and staring at relegation and the enormous loss of revenue in the face and you felt he'd lost the dressing room.... would you hang on because of last year or bring in someone who might stop the rot?

Honestly, I'd give the man who achieved the impossible last year a little bit more time. They may lose revenue by going down but they have earned more than they would have dreamt of this year by playing Champions League football in the first place. Levels itself out for me, but maybe I'm an old romantic fool! :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, a m ole said:

Has there been anything but pure speculation that it has something to do with the players complaining?

Exactly, it was a rumour which seems to be considered a fact now. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

One season wonder. He'd have been massively found out at Arsenal.

Mahrez has been the worst for me though...now there was a player I thought like Kante could play for an elite club but look at how desperate his performances have been.

The rest of their team just aren't that good....we are talking about Morgan, Huth,, Danny Simpson etc.

He is not really a one season wonder though, as he's scored at every level he's played. I honestly believe if he had the service he would score more and he hasn't this season. Whether Arsenal's type of football would suit him I don't know, but I think he would have done better there than many think. Has one opportunity against Sevilla, a very good team and he is in the right place to take it.

Â