Leicester City

Villan4Life

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't disagree that what Ranieri did was amazing. 

I just don't think achieving that then gives him a job for life.

They are totally shit this season. After winning the league. He deserves the sack. 

I don't disagree they have been shit we can all see they have but this is probably their rightful position. Maybe slightly higher. I think he should have got until end if season at least. I also think the timing is bizarre considering it was a decent performance vs Sevilla 

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't disagree they have been shit we can all see they have but this is probably their rightful position. Maybe slightly higher. I think he should have got until end if season at least. I also think the timing is bizarre considering it was a decent performance vs Sevilla 

This is what I mean. It's so patronising to say this is their rightful position. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't disagree that what Ranieri did was amazing. 

I just don't think achieving that then gives him a job for life.

They are totally shit this season. After winning the league. He deserves the sack. 

Can't agree at all. Why should you be punished for being a few points behind where you probably should be? 

Like I said earlier. If he finished 15th or so last season and they were in this position he'd still be in a job. He's being punished for winning the league. It's mental. 

32 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Can't agree at all. Why should you be punished for being a few points behind where you probably should be? 

Like I said earlier. If he finished 15th or so last season and they were in this position he'd still be in a job. He's being punished for winning the league. It's mental. 

I think the opposite he'd have gone sooner.

34 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Yeah but they didn't finish 15th last season.

They won the league. They should have built upon that success and had a decent season this season. I'm not sayin gthey should have won the league again, but being serious relegation contenders the season after winning the league is unacceptable.

I just don't get this "yeah but if they were crap last season he'd still have a job". They weren't crap. They're league champions. And why anyone thinks it's acceptable for the league champions to be relegated is beyond me.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

What does this even mean?

It's not written in Japanese. 

Do you feel Leicester should be title favourites, challenging for Europe, top 10 , bottom end or relegation side? Didn't think it was that difficult to understand 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It's not written in Japanese. 

Do you feel Leicester should be title favourites, challenging for Europe, top 10 , bottom end or relegation side? Didn't think it was that difficult to understand 

Football doesn't work on true positions. 

Man City's "true position" isn't top 4, but it would be a failure if they didn't finish there.

If you'd asked me two seasons ago I'd have said Leicester's "true position" was the Championship, let alone the premier league.

But the season after winning the Premier League, the position they should be is not relegation candidates. Absolute minimum top 10.

It's a totally meaningless question without context. Villa's true position isn't 12th in the Championship but I'd be pleased with Steve Bruce if we ended up finishing there this season.

Edited by Stevo985

48 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah but they didn't finish 15th last season.

They won the league. They should have built upon that success and had a decent season this season. I'm not sayin gthey should have won the league again, but being serious relegation contenders the season after winning the league is unacceptable.

I just don't get this "yeah but if they were crap last season he'd still have a job". They weren't crap. They're league champions. And why anyone thinks it's acceptable for the league champions to be relegated is beyond me.

Because he's responsible for getting them the title, surely?

So if West Brom are around 14th or so next Christmas, Pulis should get the sack because "Why is it acceptable for a team in 8th on the brink of Europe to be below midtable". 

Punished for success. One of the most ridiculous decisions in football.

It amazes me how many pundits are shocked that Leicester are struggling so this year. I called it last year and got mocked for it. 

Any team that doesn't have the huge squads of the sky four, have always struggled in league when competing in Europe. The demands of the extra games and the travel, would clearly take demands on a Leicester squad that was incredibly lucky with injuries last season. Couple that with the draining high tempo they played, it was always going to be a struggle. 

Added to this, losing players, and heads turned by bigger clubs. It was never with the best will in the world going to be anywhere near a repeat season for Leceister. Many, considered successful, premier league managers have lost their jobs in their first year of European football. No professional pundit should be surprised that this one happened either. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Football doesn't work on true positions. 

Man City's "true position" isn't top 4, but it would be a failure if they didn't finish there.

If you'd asked me two seasons ago I'd have said Leicester's "true position" was the Championship, let alone the premier league.

But the season after winning the Premier League, the position they should be is not relegation candidates. Absolute minimum top 10.

It's a totally meaningless question without context. Villa's true position isn't 12th in the Championship but I'd be pleased with Steve Bruce if we ended up finishing there this season.

I don't get how up you can say city are not a too 4 club when they have floating around that area for years now just like Leicester are a team that usually floats around the bottom half of the table. They have been a yo yo club for years. 

See that's where I disagree. I think they massively over achieved last season and once they were found out they would back fighting relegation and behold that's where they are! 

I don't think it's a meaningless question. Villa are under performing greatly I agree but that is a side under achieving. It's sort of like blose over achieving by a great manager and now they are where they should be. But this is way off subject.

i think give him end of season thats what I would have done anyway.!

52 minutes ago, jon_c said:

It amazes me how many pundits are shocked that Leicester are struggling so this year. I called it last year and got mocked for it. 

Any team that doesn't have the huge squads of the sky four, have always struggled in league when competing in Europe. The demands of the extra games and the travel, would clearly take demands on a Leicester squad that was incredibly lucky with injuries last season. Couple that with the draining high tempo they played, it was always going to be a struggle. 

Added to this, losing players, and heads turned by bigger clubs. It was never with the best will in the world going to be anywhere near a repeat season for Leceister. Many, considered successful, premier league managers have lost their jobs in their first year of European football. No professional pundit should be surprised that this one happened either. 

Yep their squad just isn't that good....it's not full of world class players.

Huth and Morgan are mid to lower mid table CBs, Danny Simpson is Danny Simpson, Albrighton played for years for us when we were battling relegation, Drinkwater has only played a couple of seasons in premier league and barely has any England caps.

If the title had never happened no one would be blinking at Leicester being around the relegation zone with what they have.

In 10 years time all 20 prem club will be owned by billionaires pumping in 100m + a season imo. Someone needs to tell them though 3 will still get relegated and about 12 of them will finish outside the European places.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

In 10 years time all 20 prem club will be owned by billionaires pumping in 100m + a season imo. Someone needs to tell them though 3 will still get relegated and about 12 of them will finish outside the European places.

I've been trying to make this point for years. 

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Because he's responsible for getting them the title, surely?

So if West Brom are around 14th or so next Christmas, Pulis should get the sack because "Why is it acceptable for a team in 8th on the brink of Europe to be below midtable". 

Punished for success. One of the most ridiculous decisions in football.

That's a completely different situation.

But depending on context, yes. Absolutely. Or at least he should be seriously questioned. 

Edited by Stevo985

Â