Leicester City

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Honestly, I'd give the man who achieved the impossible last year a little bit more time. They may lose revenue by going down but they have earned more than they would have dreamt of this year by playing Champions League football in the first place. Levels itself out for me, but maybe I'm an old romantic fool! :)

If you had £200 million to lose then I think youd see it differently.  From a business point of view it is absolutely the right thing to do. Jumped up little twerps in the media are creating a frenzy to sell papers but make no mistake, nobody wants to lose that kind of money and the minute you start making emotional decisions in business is the minute you lose focus.

Nice guy, but correct decision 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

He is not really a one season wonder though, as he's scored at every level he's played. I honestly believe if he had the service he would score more and he hasn't this season. Whether Arsenal's type of football would suit him I don't know, but I think he would have done better there than many think. Has one opportunity against Sevilla, a very good team and he is in the right place to take it.

he has 34 goals in 90 Premier League games. that might look good on paper but 24 of them came in one season

FWIW I think Leicester fairytale last year was liked by neutrals because it was Ranieri (maybe Albrighton also for Villa fans). He has always been a nearly man and in a profession full of arrogant rocket polishers he always seemed like a humble guy

I don't think so Zatman, it was the ultimate underdog story. Ranieri was just the manager. He didn't even build the side. That was Pearson. I'm not taking anything away from Ranieri but the story started with their great escape from relegation the season before. Right time right place for Ranieri. And why are people feeling sorry for him. He has walked away with a 3 million pound pay off. I feel sorry for the homeless not the likes of him.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

he has 34 goals in 90 Premier League games. that might look good on paper but 24 of them came in one season

still don't class him as a one season wonder because hes had other good seasons in the championship etc.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

FWIW I think Leicester fairytale last year was liked by neutrals because it was Ranieri (maybe Albrighton also for Villa fans). He has always been a nearly man and in a profession full of arrogant rocket polishers he always seemed like a humble guy

Speaking for myself, it was the evidence that it really is possible for a team that isn't one of the Sky 7 to win the league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I don't think so Zatman, it was the ultimate underdog story. Ranieri was just the manager. He didn't even build the side. That was Pearson. I'm not taking anything away from Ranieri but the story started with their great escape from relegation the season before. Right time right place for Ranieri. And why are people feeling sorry for him. He has walked away with a 3 million pound pay off. I feel sorry for the homeless not the likes of him.

Bit harsh that. Clearly more to it than "right place right time". They were hardly showing title winning form the season before.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PaulC said:

still don't class him as a one season wonder because hes had other good seasons in the championship etc.

1 good season in Championship

he has hit double figures twice in last 5 seasons, the 3 he hasnt he barely got over 5 goals

On 24/02/2017 at 15:09, Stevo985 said:

It annoys me that so many people are annoyed by this :D

They're going down. They need to change something.

An amazing achievement last season, but if they want to stay in the league he has to go.

I also find it quite patronising that people are saying stuff like "Yeah but this is where Leicester were before Ranieri so they should be ok with it" 

Why? They won the **** league, they should be rightly furious that he didn't build on that whatsoever.

Sentiment is fine, but sometimes managers are good at one thing and not another. Ranieri was clearly brilliant at harnessing the momentum they gained last year and keeping the team motivated to win the league.
But defending a title or winning it a second time is way different than that, and clearly Ranieri hasn't got whatever it takes to do that with Leicester.

I completely disagree. This is leciester city not man city. They our achieved massively last year and this season is more where they are as a club. They are also struggling with shuffling their Europe and domestic games.

What Ranieri did was like when Greece won the euros. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. They should have out of what he done given him until enD of season then make a mutual decision.

I think the players have to take a long hard look at themselves as they have been pretty pathetic this year

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I completely disagree. This is leciester city not man city. They our achieved massively last year and this season is more where they are as a club. They are also struggling with shuffling their Europe and domestic games.

What Ranieri did was like when Greece won the euros. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. They should have out of what he done given him until enD of season then make a mutual decision.

I think the players have to take a long hard look at themselves as they have been pretty pathetic this year

I don't disagree that what Ranieri did was amazing. 

I just don't think achieving that then gives him a job for life.

They are totally shit this season. After winning the league. He deserves the sack. 

• Like 1

Â