Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

And just because he performed badly being thrown into a poor defence without any adaptation period doesn't make him rubbish.

don't think you made that defence in the Senderos thread ;)

Senderos was shite in every defence he played in and had proven not to be good enough at this level numerous times over his nine-year Premier League career. Cissokho has only played fifteen games in our league and impressed at previous clubs. Literally no comparison between the two.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Aly Cissokho is in the orbit of Aston Villa. The French player of Valencia CF does not fit into the plans of Nuno Espírito Santo and is therefore seeking a solution that could pass for return to the Premier Leage. The up side would open the door to a new addition.

At least so says Mark Radio Valencia, which gives the left-hander in the orbit of Aston Villa, who might even have a pre-agreement in the absence of an understanding between clubs. With that, the door would open another hiring more, which would refers to a left side. Among the desired Antunes was of Málaga CF

Oh no! Is that a Luna pun? I hope it isn't ominous...

Left backs and strikers. Buy loads of them. That will work.

Just forget everything that's in between. 

Why oh Why can't we just sign a decent DM.

Villa are not an attractive club to come to if you're a decent player, unless we're going to pay top wages, which we won't which leads back to us being an unattractive choice for a decent player.... 

We must be able to attract a better DM than Sylla. 

If we can, we should go all out to get him and use Bennett and Richardson at left back.

A decent DM could drop deeper and give the left back cover anyway. 

Edited by PieFacE

Villa are not an attractive club to come to if you're a decent player, unless we're going to pay top wages, which we won't which leads back to us being an unattractive choice for a decent player.... 

I don't think that's true, we're a very attractive club with a great history, brilliant fans, a good reputation and amazing facilities, plus we sell to bigger clubs, however sometimes clubs need managers who can sell all that as well as sell themselves and I think we've struggled in that department, plus those managers need to be brave in the market and spot/beg to sign gems.

Look at Klopp, Ibra 'joked' with him to sign him. It might be Dortmund but it was the managers (and probably fans) influence. It's an example, I'm not comparing Dort to Villa.

In the past we've paid players very handsomely but we're struggled to get a few really good ones in at a time, I do wonder how much management has to do with that, sometimes you just have to be brave and show more interest than makes you look 'in charge'.

I don't think that's true, we're a very attractive club with a great history, brilliant fans, a good reputation and amazing facilities, plus we sell to bigger clubs, however sometimes clubs need managers who can sell all that as well as sell themselves and I think we've struggled in that department, plus those managers need to be brave in the market and spot/beg to sign gems.

Look at Klopp, Ibra 'joked' with him to sign him. It might be Dortmund but it was the managers (and probably fans) influence. It's an example, I'm not comparing Dort to Villa.

In the past we've paid players very handsomely but we're struggled to get a few really good ones in at a time, I do wonder how much management has to do with that, sometimes you just have to be brave and show more interest than makes you look 'in charge'.

Maybe we should sign you up?

We will be signing Messi and Ronaldo on £20k a week deals in no time.

IF we get Cissokho that'll be the defence sorted. Just a DM and a AM for me and I'd be happy. Chadli and Capoue from Spurs? Chadli has turned down a swap move apparently so is available and he's good pals with Benteke. Not sure if Capoue is available though.