Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Personally I'd rather a midfielder similar to KSY than 'The Rock'.  I want us to have another quality passer in midfield with Westwood rather than a guy who is described as not being good at short passes as we need to hold possession more, we were 3rd last for possession last year.  Be nice if we could get both and we probably could judging by some of the shrewd business by Lambert so far in this window.

Personally I'd rather a midfielder similar to KSY than 'The Rock'.  I want us to have another quality passer in midfield with Westwood rather than a guy who is described as not being good at short passes as we need to hold possession more, we were 3rd last for possession last year.  Be nice if we could get both and we probably could judging by some of the shrewd business by Lambert so far in this window.

I don't think our midfield being able to pass is the main issue with keeping possession. I've said this before but anyway. The guy presumably to be replaced would be KEA who I think most would accept is pretty tidy in possession.

The reason we are 3rd last has a few reasons

1 - tactical - it was a clear plan from Lambert at times last year to go straight into Benteke with a long ball, hope he held it up or flicked it on and go from there.

2 - Gabby - Weimann - when we do try and play through the midfield it often breaks down with these two as they have the first touch of a 1980's robot.

3 - Baker - Rio he ain't

That is not to say there aren't issues with midfield too (creativity, strength, tracking runners/tackling) but I am not sure being generally tidy with the ball is one of them.

Yeah we definitely need someone with a bit of nastiness in midfield with Westwood and Delph. Ki would be nice as well but our priority is someone who can get his foot in and protect the back 4. Too often our midfield just gets run through with no effort. Even Palacios when we got beaten by Stoke towards the end of the season summed up what we were missing. We were 1-0 up and playing well on the back of a few decent results, then he started to put himself about and our midfield completely crumbled, never to recover really for the rest of the season. I don't know much about this Sanchez but he seems like he'd fit the bill. I will feel far more comfortable going into the season if we can get a player like that in.

QPR are in for every-****-body.

It's pretty much Harrys tactic

SSN "I hear you're interested in signing wee Jimmy from down then road"

Harry "Yeah, he's got great potential I'll have to chat to the chairman and see what happens"

Next day;

SSN "I hear you're interested in signing wee Jack from down then road"

Harry "Yeah, he's a great lad, I'll have to chat to the chairman and see what happens"

Harry is always in for everyone, always.