Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I'm not certain, but IIRC the reason he wasn't as good last season and missed the last few months was because he had a hernia. I could well be making that up.

Edit: HERE we go. It's a Sampdoria fan site:

Googly translated relevant passage:

The interest of the last days of West Ham towards Pedro Obiang has found the answer net of society or give us € 5 million, or Obiang remains with us.

Pedro is a great value for our team, despite a difficult championship final, conditional, it is well to remember, from an injury that has dogged him throughout the season. Woe to the pubic area, so Pedro explained his state of health, a few weeks ago.

"Woe to the pubic area" sounds ominous.

Edited by ArteSuave

Not sure why Lambert hasn't gone for a talent like Hakim Ziyech of Heerenveen, he is out of contract soon as well!!

Assisted 12 last season in his first full season at Heerenveen and scored 10 from attacking midfield.

Price is apparently around the £2.5mil mark

Edited by Villan4Life

Not sure why Lambert hasn't gone for a talent like Hakim Ziyech of Heerenveen, he is out of contract soon as well!!

Assisted 12 last season in his first full season at Heerenveen and scored 10 from attacking midfield.

Price is apparently around the £2.5mil mark

Has anybody gone for him?

With the injuries that Benteke and Kozak got, and Helenius being average, I think Lambert has gone off strikers and is now forming a team of fullbacks instead:

- - - - - - - Guzan - - - - - - - -

Hutton - Lowton - Cissokho - Stevens

Webb - - Baker - - Clark - Richardson

- - - - - Bacuna - Bennett - - - - -

(Luna didn't want to play in goal, so Lambert got rid).

• Like 3

He's nicknamed 'The Rock', has played a ton of times for Colombia, is at a pretty poor Spanish team who'll probably be keen to sell, and has had Everton and QPR rumoured to be interested in him. All sounds nice. 

As a bonus, the Sky Sports website claims he's weak at passing, and often likes to play long balls, so he'll fit right in instantly*. 

*yes, I know those 'strengths and weaknesses' things are rubbish. 

• Like 2

Good stuff then, Sanchez and Cissokho an I'll be happy :)

I think I'm going to lie down after contemplating the mere possibility that Lambert might make two signings in a row that I'm pleased with.

• Like 1