Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Nobody expecting a flux of teams playing 3 CB's then following van Gaal winning the world Cup and saving Palestine with that formation

Vlaar - Senderos - Okore

With 2 wing backs Bacuna and Richardson pushing forward

For example

Edited by tonyh29

Nobody expecting a flux of teams playing 3 CB's then following van Gaal winning the world Cup and saving Palestine with that formation

Vlaar - Senderos - Okore

For example

Top teams won't even try that silly formation. Lvg only used it as he ever had players he wanted

Vlaar - Senderos - Okore

For example

In pre-season we've seemed to play one half with 3 and one half with 4 defenders, so I think Lambert had one eye on a 3-4-1-2. But now that we've bought Cissokho, I reckon 4 at the back will be our first choice.

I think Guzan and then a back four would definitely make for a much more settled defence.

If you play 3 centre backs and then wing backs the potential for injuries/too much rotation I think would become higher.

The biggest decision I think will be what to do in front of them.

Do we go with one striker with two on the wings, two strikers and four in midfield, one striker one in 'the hole' and a midfield four??

Judging by pre season and Cole and Richardson signing I think Lambert fancies a midfield four with an attacking midfielder in just behind the main striker.

• Like 1

Vlaar - Senderos - Okore

For example

As when he's used it in the past, I expect we'll probably go with 3 at the back on the back of, or when we expect a heavy defeat. 

I haven't seen this posted and I suppose it could have it's own thread... maybe there is indeed a reason as to why Bent didn't get given that number 9 shirt?

Aston Villa and Atletico, Chicharito options

The Aston Villa and Atletico Madrid with the main options of Mexican striker Chicharito Hernandez right now, but prefers the pullover proposal. Chicharito for a Manchester United game Chicharito for a Manchester United game Mexican striker Javier Chicharito Hernandez continues his future in the air, being the only clear he will leave Manchester United to not enter into the plans of Louis Van Gaal.

In this situation, the ram has received interest from several European teams like Inter Milan, Juventus, Atletico Madrid and Aston Villa , while the latter two would be best placed to take over its services. Although preferences undergo footballer joining another top club, Atletico set is not willing to spend over 20 million euros and therefore only contemplate the option of incorporating as assigned.

The player would welcome arriving at Vicente Calderon but in recent days has appeared on the scene Aston Villa, which offers the player set to continue in the Premier League, an option not dislikes. Thus, Chicharito still waiting for one of these sets q reach agreement with Manchester United as soon as possible, since the Aztec striker wants to leave the Red Devils as soon as possible to try your luck at a new club.

http://www.mercafichajes.es/06/08/2014/aston-villa-atletico-opciones-chicharito/

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 3

I haven't seen this posted and I suppose it could have it's own thread... maybe there is indeed a reason as to why Bent didn't get given that number 9 shirt?

The Aston Villa and Atletico Madrid with the main options of Mexican striker Chicharito Hernandez right now, but prefers the pullover proposal.

http://www.mercafichajes.es/06/08/2014/aston-villa-atletico-opciones-chicharito/

Expect him at BMH in the next day or two in a Makounesque stylish number.

• Like 2

The Aston Villa and Atletico Madrid with the main options of Mexican striker Chicharito Hernandez right now, but prefers the pullover proposal. Chicharito for a Manchester United game Chicharito for a Manchester United game Mexican striker Javier Chicharito Hernandez continues his future in the air, being the only clear he will leave Manchester United to not enter into the plans of Louis Van Gaal.

In this situation, the ram has received interest from several European teams like Inter Milan, Juventus, Atletico Madrid and Aston Villa , while the latter two would be best placed to take over its services. Although preferences undergo footballer joining another top club, Atletico set is not willing to spend over 20 million euros and therefore only contemplate the option of incorporating as assigned.

The player would welcome arriving at Vicente Calderon but in recent days has appeared on the scene Aston Villa, which offers the player set to continue in the Premier League, an option not dislikes. Thus, Chicharito still waiting for one of these sets q reach agreement with Manchester United as soon as possible, since the Aztec striker wants to leave the Red Devils as soon as possible to try your luck at a new club.

Get him in on a 1 year loan. I'm concerned about Bent playing as our striker til either Benteke or Kozak get back. If we got Chicharito then Gabby could stay out on the wing and Weimann could play as back-up striker along with Bent.  Doubt we will sign him but ya never know.

From what we have seen in preseason, I think it is clear Richardson will be used as a midfielder.

I imagine we will see something like

Guzan

Hutton-Vlaar-Okore-Cissokho

Bacuna-Westwood-Delph-Richardson

Nzogbia

Bent

I like that squad a bit. Bacuna and Richardson can get service for Bent, and both are good enough defensively to cover going back.

Based on preseason, we better not see Gabby in the side, though I bet we will.

Edited by Raymond