Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

If we get Sanchez i'd be pretty happy. Seems quite a "big" signing for us though. Could be one of those ones where he's linked to us but then chooses someone like Everton at the last minute..

Funny you should say that!! i just found this article, he has a 2mil euro buy out clause

http://toffeeweb.com/season/14-15/rumour-mill/27873.html

Reports from Spain claim that Everton have met the €2m buy-out clause to acquire Colombian international, Carlos Sanchez Moreno, from Elche CF.

Nicknamed "La Roca" (the rock), Sanchez appears to be part-owned by Array Group Europe BV and Events Petxina SL and the reports suggest that the Blues have had to buy out those controlling interests to bring him to the Premier League.

The Echo's Greg O'Keeffe says that Roberto Martinez "has no genuine interest" in Sanchez, however.

Sanchez is a 28 year-old central midfielder who can also operate at centre half and has 44 caps for his country including at this year's World Cup in Brazil where he played in four of Colombia's five matches.

How many midfielders do Everton need FFS?! 

This would be a great signing in my opinion, which is why I don't want to believe it will happen, as I'll likely end up disappointed!

• Like 1

Could be on the radar as you'd imagine a relegation battling team like Elche would be paying their players a pittance.

Sad but that's how we have to view transfer targets nowadays. If they earn more than a fiver a week no deal.

How many midfielders do Everton need FFS?! 

This would be a great signing in my opinion, which is why I don't want to believe it will happen, as I'll likely end up disappointed!

That was before they signed Bešić. They don't need him now. More concerningly he has been recently linked to QPR.

• Like 1

Carlos Sanchez :o I think id piss myself with excitement, he is exactly what Villa need. His man marking performance on Messi in Copa America was the most disciplined and best way to stop him

• Like 1

How strong is this Carlos Sanchez link? Twitter fluff or a legitimate source?

The usual twitter link but apparently it's in the Spanish press as well and foreign press have a better success rate than ours on these kinds of things so I'm keeping my fingers crossed

• Like 1

Carlos Sanchez :o I think id piss myself with excitement, he is exactly what Villa need. His man marking performance on Messi in Copa America was the most disciplined and best way to stop him

We'd have two players that Messi couldn't live with then.

• Like 1

How strong is this Carlos Sanchez link? Twitter fluff or a legitimate source?

The usual twitter link but apparently it's in the Spanish press as well and foreign press have a better success rate than ours on these kinds of things so I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Spanish press, where? Have only seen us linked from that one guy on Twitter

Edit:

From an Elche fan page/Twitter page:

Elche CF @ElcheSphera · 8h

El Aston Villa es el último equipo, por ahora, en mostrar interés por el jugador del #ElcheCF Carlos ‘La Roca‘ Sánchez.

Elche CF @ElcheSphera · 8h

The Aston Villa is the ultimate team, for now, to show interest in the player #ElcheCF Carlos 'The Rock' Sanchez.

Edited by samjp26

I just think we'd struggle to compete on a wage level with QPR/Everton. 

I agree, but can either of those teams guarantee that he'll be a starter? I don't think they can and he has already said he is more than happy to stay at Elche.