Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Can't see Milner going anywhere us it's a sale as City need him for their homegrown quota especially as Jack Rodwell has left and Richards also looks like he will be out the door there.

There is also no way we'll be able to afford his wages.

Please do. There's nothing wrong with mentioning a 'cheeky' bid, loan or transfer. If you don't ask, you don't get.

You don't get anyway. In a market where Borini is worth £14m and Rodwell is going for £10m, nobody is going to be giving players away for **** all.

I saw earlier that Derby have got a Real Madrid player on loan. Now, I don't have a clue whether he's the next big flop to come from Spain, or whether he is a promising player that could have maybe made an impression at a Lower Prem team, but Derby wouldn't have got that loan if they didn't ask.

Please do. There's nothing wrong with mentioning a 'cheeky' bid, loan or transfer. If you don't ask, you don't get.

You don't get anyway. In a market where Borini is worth £14m and Rodwell is going for £10m, nobody is going to be giving players away for **** all.

I saw earlier that Derby have got a Real Madrid player on loan. Now, I don't have a clue whether he's the next big flop to come from Spain, or whether he is a promising player that could have maybe made an impression at a Lower Prem team, but Derby wouldn't have got that loan if they didn't ask.

A Madrid youth player, not established internationals on £60k-£80k a week like mentioned before.

Just because he plays for RM doesn't mean he is anything special either, so I see no big deal in Derby signing him.

The players mentioned here were Milner, Moses etc... ,they will not be coming here, we will not pay those wages and City and Chelsea are not going to loan them to us for nothing, no matter how cheeky the bid is.

People need to get into the real **** world.

Javi Garcia earns close to £80,000. We are handing out contracts worth £20k right now.

1. He would never come here.

2. City, along with every other club are a business, they need to recoup as much of that as they can and I guarantee the teams interested will be offering a lot more than what we can right now.

A Madrid youth player, not established internationals on £60k-£80k a week like mentioned before.

Just because he plays for RM doesn't mean he is anything special either, so I see no big deal in Derby signing him.

The players mentioned here were Milner, Moses etc... ,they will not be coming here, we will not pay those wages and City and Chelsea are not going to loan them to us for nothing, no matter how cheeky the bid is.

Too true, I thought it was a ridiculous idea when Martinez brought in Deulofeu and we signed Bowery, I mean seriously, one has English league experience the other plays for a poxy second team in Spain....no contest.

Madrid constantly let their crappier players go out on loan or for cheap and teams get duped buying them, I mean who'd want Mata, Eto'o, Valero, Cambiasso, Negredo, Callejon, etc. certainly not us. They were trying to shift Morata affew years back, imagine if we'd have signed that train wreck.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay
  • Like 2

Too true, I thought it was a ridiculous idea when Martinez brought in Deulofeu and we signed Bowery, I mean seriously, one has English league experience the other plays for a poxy second team in Spain....no contest.

Madrid constantly let their crappier players go out on loan or for cheap and teams get duped buying them, I mean who'd want Mata, Eto'o, Valero, Cambiasso, Negredo, Callejon, etc. certainly not us. They were trying to shift Morata affew years back, imagine if we'd have signed that train wreck.

professor_frink_sarcasm_detector-68030.g

Well in fact it's Lerner who needs to get in the real world IMO! He needs to look at all our young, hungry and cheap players who weren't good enough as they exit the club on loan and decide if he wants more of this kind of tripe to brought into the club? If you pay peanuts etc? We are in desparate need of quality in our midfield we cannot allow Lambert to purchase a bunch of no hopers and hope one is decent. Lerner needs to realise that Prem quality players need Prem level wages.

That bloke Southampton got on loan would have been ideal for us can play CDM or box to box

Meh

We can't afford the printing costs for his surname on the shirts. That's why we tried to sign Ki.

you've got that all wrong, 50p a letter, kenwright's been using that to fill the everton coffers for years, why else do you think he signed Stracqualursi

• Like 1

Get in the **** real world? The 'cheeky' loans mentioned a few pages ago, we're Milner, Javi Garcia, Abou Diaby, Capoue or 'other fringe players'. It's not that unrealistic to think we, or another lower Prem club, could get one of them loan. Even if our wage structure leaves a lot to be desired, I'm sure Lerner would still let Lambert spend around £40k/£50k p/w on a player if he believed it would help secure our Premier League status for a season.

That bloke Southampton got on loan would have been ideal for us can play CDM or box to box

Meh

We can't afford the printing costs for his surname on the shirts. That's why we tried to sign Ki.

you've got that all wrong, 50p a letter, kenwright's been using that to fill the everton coffers for years, why else do you think he signed Stracqualursi

You may be on to something... Bilyaletdinov...

• Like 1

I would guess Roy Keane may have played a big part in suggesting Brian Lenihan and his being here would have a big influence in the player's decision on joinig us. I would guess the price and wages would also be right. Worth a punt in that case I would suggest.   

Get in the **** real world? The 'cheeky' loans mentioned a few pages ago, we're Milner, Javi Garcia, Abou Diaby, Capoue or 'other fringe players'. It's not that unrealistic to think we, or another lower Prem club, could get one of them loan. Even if our wage structure leaves a lot to be desired, I'm sure Lerner would still let Lambert spend around £40k/£50k p/w on a player if he believed it would help secure our Premier League status for a season.

Apparently he hasn't with Ki. Not that we know what the wages are.

The above players mentioned are good players. Even if we try to loan them and were prepared to pay the wages, I doubt we will be the only club interested and the most attractive offer for them.

Those players are all unrealistic for us I'm afraid.

Lallana and Toni Kroos are apparently the same value…...

Lallana and Toni Kroos are apparently the same value…...
I see your point as Kroos is obviously a lot more high profile but in terms of ability, what makes him so much better than Lallana? Plus throw in the fact he has no Premier League experience whereas Lallana was one of the stand out players for two seasons. Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Average PL wage is just over 60k a week