Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Get in the **** real world? The 'cheeky' loans mentioned a few pages ago, we're Milner, Javi Garcia, Abou Diaby, Capoue or 'other fringe players'. It's not that unrealistic to think we, or another lower Prem club, could get one of them loan. Even if our wage structure leaves a lot to be desired, I'm sure Lerner would still let Lambert spend around £40k/£50k p/w on a player if he believed it would help secure our Premier League status for a season.

Apparently he hasn't with Ki. Not that we know what the wages are.

The above players mentioned are good players. Even if we try to loan them and were prepared to pay the wages, I doubt we will be the only club interested and the most attractive offer for them.

Those players are all unrealistic for us I'm afraid.

They're unrealistic, but would you refuse to make a bid, for that reason alone? The discussion me and Rodney were originally having, was that I think it's fine to make a 'cheeky' bid, and he thinks there's no such thing.

as an observation....has there ever, in the history of the club, been a more boring summer? I've had a quiet week at work this week so was hoping to read about all those tenuous links to Algerian wingers etc. but there's been nothing, absolutely nothing...and it's not exactly like there's anything going on at other clubs of note either.

Maybe I'm just growing out of all this stuff.

as an observation....has there ever, in the history of the club, been a more boring summer? I've had a quiet week at work this week so was hoping to read about all those tenuous links to Algerian wingers etc. but there's been nothing, absolutely nothing...and it's not exactly like there's anything going on at other clubs of note either.

Maybe I'm just growing out of all this stuff.

The first two windows under O'Leary, my God, they were truly depressing summers.

Didn't turned out too bad though...

Supposedley, us, Utd, Spurs and an unnamed 4th club have bid for Brian Lenihan. Could see him coming to us to be honest. Not much chance of play time for him at Utd as im guessing Shaw is going to be their left back, Danny Rose has just signed a 5yr deal at Spurs so he'll possibly be their left back, we don't have a player locked down for the left back position so he's got a great chance of playing at Villa. Also we have Roy Keane, playing for his national teams assistant manager is probably a good way to get yourself a place in the nation side.

He was awful at Liverpool.He was one of the reasons we went 2-0 at Anfield ..

And another LB FFS 

Also does this mean finally we are getting a fullback  from Valancia ?

Edited by Nabby