Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I think we should use our entire budget on getting 1 decent midfielder in.

I'm sick of us signing 3 or so below average players every summer only for them to not be good enough. We don't necessarily need the squad depth now, just get 1 quality player in and i'll be happy. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Can we sign anyone until more leave with the current size of the squad? I can't see Lerner sanctioning another signing if it means players not being registered to be played in the PL whilst still paying their wages.

I think we should use our entire budget on getting 1 decent midfielder in.

I'm sick of us signing 3 or so below average players every summer only for them to not be good enough. We don't necessarily need the squad depth now, just get 1 quality player in and i'll be happy. 

I have to agree there, if we have a budget and a potential star is available I'd grab him before someone else does. Someone who can defend please.

I used your argument, 1 good is better than 3 bad, in the left back situation, too many average players who end up costing the same as someone good.

The question is who is realistic and available?

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

And just because he performed badly being thrown into a poor defence without any adaptation period doesn't make him rubbish.

don't think you made that defence in the Senderos thread ;)

• Like 1

Cissokho played 15 times for a team who finished second. Not sure why people are being so snobby, about the best we can hope for given our financial situation..

He is absolutely terrible. I used to give my pool mates abuse about him last year. So slow and is a terrible passer. I doubt we are in for him.

Hope not, he was really coasting last year on pool. Not liked and looked out of it several times. But much better than bennett so...yeah. Personally want a dm and an AM unless that will be cole and the zog. Not sure how that is gonna pan out, probably not so great.

moises.llorens @moillorens · 21m

El VCF traspasa a Cissoko al Aston Villa, de la Premier...

Spanish journo, reckon this one has legs to be honest, has the usual signs - completely random, unexpected and is a left back.

Wasn't good enough for Liverpool if they want to challenge for the league, but we aren't Liverpool and we won't be challenging for the league any time soon. He'll be a good addition and would also indicate somebody is on the way out IMO.

Is there anything in this whatsoever?  He hasn't even qualified for his own thread on here.

Aly Cissokho is in the orbit of Aston Villa. The French player of Valencia CF does not fit into the plans of Nuno Espírito Santo and is therefore seeking a solution that could pass for return to the Premier Leage. The up side would open the door to a new addition.

At least so says Mark Radio Valencia, which gives the left-hander in the orbit of Aston Villa, who might even have a pre-agreement in the absence of an understanding between clubs. With that, the door would open another hiring more, which would refers to a left side. Among the desired Antunes was of Málaga CF

http://www.deportevalenciano.com/2014/08/07/el-aston-villa-va-por-aly-cissokho

The fee being touted is around £2.3m, 20% of which will go to Lyon.

Edited by samjp26