Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Sanchez is a cracking defensive midfielder....absolutely flattened Yaya Toure in the WC, disciplined with limited passing, but a great signing if we can make him.

He was the one player i watchedd in the WC, that as a realistic target, i would have liked us to sign, hope it comes off.

What do we reckon the formation will be like with both Cissokho and Richardson in the team? I have to say if Hutton keeps up his pre season form I'd have him on the right (hate myself for saying it) with Vlaar Okore in the middle and Cissokho on the left. Then it's a case of squeezing in the midfielders. Wouldn't be opposed to having Bent up top with Cole and N'zogbia in behind him against Stoke.

Yes I agree. 

I assume on the basis of pre-season so far and Cissokho signing this evening our gk and back line will be:

Guzan

Hutton Vlaar Okore Cissokho 

Not too shabby in my opinion compared with Bennett/Luna and Baker for much of last season.

For Cole and Richardson I assume they will fit in with a more advanced role, depending on if we get that defensive midfielder. As it stands against Stoke I think he will go with El-Ahmadi, Westwood and Delph as a central midfield 3, then have Weimann wide right, N'Zogbia wide left and Agbonlahor through the middle on his own. 

Sanchez is a cracking defensive midfielder....absolutely flattened Yaya Toure in the WC, disciplined with limited passing, but a great signing if we can make him.

He was the one player i watchedd in the WC, that as a realistic target, i would have liked us to sign, hope it comes off.

Celso Borges (Costa Rica) could be a realistic target as well i feel!

Whilst speaking about Cissokho, Lambert has said he hopes to bring in another couple of players. 

We've brought some new lads in and hopefully we can bring in one or two more players to make the squad even stronger. We're going to need everybody because the Premier League isn't a small-squad game. You need everybody to get through the games.

And:

It's great we've been able to bring in some players to help the group. We'll try and do a couple of others things if we can and then when we get Christian and Libor back and Joe back, too, we'll be stronger and that's what we need.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4061608,00.html

Edited by JoeParker91

---------------------------Guzan------------------------

Hutton-----------Vlaar--------Okore---Cissokho

---------------------Westwood-------------------------

----------------El Ahmadi------Delph-----------------

N'Zogbia-----------Bent-------------Agbonlahor

• Like 2

not bad shout... only 2 players i dislike.. Gabby and El Ahmadi  

---------------------Westwood-------------------------

----------------El Ahmadi------Delph-----------------

N'Zogbia-----------Bent-------------Agbonlahor

-----------------westwood-----Delph--------------
N'Zogbia---------------Cole-------------Baunca

--------------------------Bent-----------------------

untill Benteke return swap with Bent. 

we still need Defensive Midfield who big, pace, can creative from deep, tackle, break up play. so westwood and delph can go bit futher up the field ... or draft to wide to cross in, or outside box to piledrive pressure on opposition.. I dont want see Westwood sit deep as i think he waste in these role when he is have potential open to defence to penerate if he play bit forward in centre midfield that normal..

• Like 1

If Lambert wants one or two more, I would say the priority is a defensive midfielder, and then if there is money left, I reckon he'll bring in another wide option. If we could get Sanchez, and then maybe a decent winger on loan, that would do me!