The Boring Thread

Spoony

35 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

My eyebrows are slowly becoming more unkempt.

We’re not talking similar to the brothers Gallagher. But it seems like every week I look in the mirror and there’s a single hair that has decided to grow noticeably longer than the others while also breaking rank to go on it’s own trajectory.

Same. Do you pluck them?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Same. Do you pluck them?

I do. 

Very occasionally I trim them with nail scissors but plucking them is I think the better solution. Not sure I could pull off the Denis Healey look.

I’ve also started to notice an increase in hair on my ears, by the lobes. Small, light hairs, not immediately obvious but now that I’ve become aware of them I can’t help but include them in my grooming regime. Plucking them is more painful than the eyebrows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

We’re not talking similar to the brothers Gallagher. But it seems like every week I look in the mirror and there’s a single hair that has decided to grow noticeably longer than the others while also breaking rank to go on it’s own trajectory.

My barber trims my eyebrows. I think he asked once or I asked because I knew they were unkempt, then I tipped him (and keep doing) so now he does it every time. It’s great.

I hardly speak Polish and he hardly speaks English, besides I’m pretty sure he’s Ukrainian (due to the spelling of his name on the online booking site - Viktor rather than Wiktor), so every 4-6 weeks (depending on messiness and/or impending holidays/social events) I just sit in his chair and let him do his thing, only having the same exchange of a few words, listening to the radio and watching the rest of the shop in the mirrors. Bliss.

• Like 2

On 04/08/2021 at 15:51, mjmooney said:

Exciting new ant noticing developments. 

I've now noticed flying ants on our drive. 

Must be later up there.  We had them down here at least 2 weeks ago. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Same. Do you pluck them?

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I do. 

Very occasionally I trim them with nail scissors but plucking them is I think the better solution. Not sure I could pull off the Denis Healey look.

I’ve also started to notice an increase in hair on my ears, by the lobes. Small, light hairs, not immediately obvious but now that I’ve become aware of them I can’t help but include them in my grooming regime. Plucking them is more painful than the eyebrows.

12006449-2004842722256558.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It was quite a shock to me about 10 years ago when the barber asked me if I wanted my eyebrows trimming.   No one prepares you for that. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

12006449-2004842722256558.jpg

Ooh that seems quite extravagant to me. Plus I can see the pitfalls with this option. I was trimming my beard earlier today, took the guard off to shake free some hair, only to forget to put it back on and proceeded to give myself a much closer shave sans guard.

I can see the exact same moment of absent mindedness occurring with my eyebrows.

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Ooh that seems quite extravagant to me. Plus I can see the pitfalls with this option. I was trimming my beard earlier today, took the guard off to shake free some hair, only to forget to put it back on and proceeded to give myself a much closer shave sans guard.

I can see the exact same moment of absent mindedness occurring with my eyebrows.

How can you be absent minded in the 5 seconds it take to do? Zzzzt Zzzzt job done

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It was quite a shock to me about 10 years ago when the barber asked me if I wanted my eyebrows trimming.   No one prepares you for that. 

I was more shocked when the barber first asked me if I wanted my ear hair sorted. I think a little piece of me died that day. My wife however found it absolutely hilarious. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b761172d9730cba3c660538

Eyebrows are easy to trim up, ear hairs are hopefully a few years away yet but **** me my nose hairs are like cables. They never seem to stop growing no matter how many I pull out or trim. It’s like Cthulhu’s beard flowing out my nostrils if I don’t stay on top of it. 

• Haha 1

Hairdresser gives my eyebrows a quick once over whilst I’m getting a trim.

I am getting to the point now where ear hairs are an issue 😕 

I might have to start going to the Turkish style barbers as they burn them off.

Edited by Genie

19 hours ago, Genie said:

I am getting to the point now where ear hairs are an issue 😕 

I might have to start going to the Turkish style barbers as they burn them off.

Just out of curosity.What happens if you have ear hair and wear a hearing aid ?

On 08/06/2021 at 12:23, Xela said:

Booked my car in for a service today - 27 months since the last one. Done less than 10,000 miles in that time. 

I think I’m going to book my car in for a service as well. Funny that we are doing it within 2 months of each other. 

17 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Nothing really. Can’t speak for really hairy ears as I don’t let that happen but ear hair has never had any impact for me. 

20 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

If it gets really bad, you may have to get what they call a hearing aid braid. 

Because of the oak tree my guttering used to get blocked with leaves, and then when it rained water would come cascading over the top. So last autumn I put one of those hedgehog brush things in the guttering. Much better. But yesterday it pissed it down and water was again cascading down over the end of the guttering. By leaning out of the window, I put a small wedge of wood under one of the brackets to raise that end up. I don’t know if it’s worked yet, as it’s not raining heavily.5FD433C0-06C7-4621-942C-7BF67004D17B.jpeg

• Haha 1

Â