The Boring Thread

Spoony

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

What do people consider to be the fourth flavour of crisp

I know what the 65th flavour is.  Whose snacks are those crisps? What flavour is that taste? Why the 65th crisp is clearly, obviously, 61 steps less appealing than prawn cocktail, it’s @chrisp65, a kind of psychedelic dub sort of taste, with hints of Welsh sea air and old electronics. Rare, but appreciated by the Potatoscenti.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The fourth flavour of crisps used to be cheese snaps. My life has changed for the worse since these have been discontinued, One can only eat so many spicy tomato

Edited by Follyfoot

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

What do people consider to be the fourth flavour of crisps?

Whether they’re your favourite or not, I think most would agree that ready salted, salt & vinegar and cheese & onion are the main trio. They’d score the highest on family fortunes.

What’s in fourth spot? Which one is D'Artagnan? I’m going with prawn cocktail.

Its an interesting question therefore at odds with this thread :)

I agree with prawn cocktail. Its the new Dogtanian. Years ago I would have said Smokey Bacon, but the smoked porcines have been usurped by the tangy aquatic crustaceans. Roast chicken make up the 'big 6' IMO. 

My favourites below, although rarely seen nowadays. Also a fan of the Worcestershire sauce ones

61QHLwTrWvL._AC_SX569_.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I  was the kid that loved the old Smyths’ ‘salt & shake’. I’d just chuck that little blue pack of shite in the bin. 

They still sell them. Walkers do them now. Think they sell them at Morrisons. Defo at Sainsburys (or my local ones, at least)

7 hours ago, blandy said:

Roast Chicken is a decent shout, but Beef? There's too many splinters flavours - your actual beef, then beef and onion, barbeque beef, steak..etc. A powerful group of flavours, in crisp circles, but they can never get their s**t together and vote on one simple flavour to lead them. They're the Labour party of potato snacks.

Would this make prawn cocktail the Tories then? 

Sound horrific, leave a nasty taste in your mouth, no one really knows why they are popular as no one openly admits to buying them (except a few loons), yet somehow they they still get bought.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, blandy said:

Good call. I had some Prawn cocktail crisps on Monday and some on Tuesday. It's important to pair your crisps with your food - so Monday and also Tuesday I had Tuna mayo and cucumber sandwiches for dinner - fish sandwich goes with fish crisps (you can't get gravy crisps, before anyone starts). If I have a cheese and onion or cheese and tomato sandwich, I'll go with either salt & Vinegar, or Cheese and Onion. Egg mayo sandwich goes with S&V.

Ready salted is universal. The others need to be strictly paired with the food.  Any sort of wanton pairing of inappropriate crisps with food needs to be punishable by Law as a food crime.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Driving on the motorway behind a Hyundai earlier and noticed for the first time it was called a Hyundai Tucson.

I always assumed it was Tuscan. 17 years i've thought that, since it was released in 2004.

Tucson makes sense now as its bigger brother is the Santa Fe.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I always thought that Henry hoovers were just gimmicky....i mean, with that stupid smirky face on it, how could it ever compete with a dyson ?

Well, i was wrong. The missus brought her Henry over and it almost sucked up my carpet from its grippers. She also has a pink Hetty hoover and although its as good as it's red brother, it does look a bit ghey.

I have now launched my pathetic cordless dyson on to the local tip and and am happy to say Henry is now my hoover of choice. 

7 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I always thought that Henry hoovers were just gimmicky....i mean, with that stupid smirky face on it, how could it ever compete with a dyson ?

Well, i was wrong. The missus brought her Henry over and it almost sucked up my carpet from its grippers. She also has a pink Hetty hoover and although its as good as it's red brother, it does look a bit ghey.

I have now launched my pathetic cordless dyson on to the local tip and and am happy to say Henry is now my hoover of choice. 

Mate, Henry Hoovers are powerhouses. Yeah they’re not as fashionable as Dyson, G-Tech or Shark, but can any of those three do this? 
henry GIF

The only downside is they’re awkward to manoeuvre, but then so would I be in Henry’s position. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 17/03/2021 at 15:55, Mark Albrighton said:

What do people consider to be the fourth flavour of crisps?

Whether they’re your favourite or not, I think most would agree that ready salted, salt & vinegar and cheese & onion are the main trio. They’d score the highest on family fortunes.

What’s in fourth spot? Which one is D'Artagnan? I’m going with prawn cocktail.

Smokey Bacon. Any other answer is wrong.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Mate, Henry Hoovers are powerhouses. Yeah they’re not as fashionable as Dyson, G-Tech or Shark, but can any of those three do this? 
henry GIF

The only downside is they’re awkward to manoeuvre, but then so would I be in Henry’s position. 

Yen ye, that is what my eldest used to call him when he was a small infant. My mum even hollowed one out which he used to sit and be pulled around in

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

Â