The Boring Thread

Spoony

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Xela said:

Went to a Lidl today, for the first time ever. 

It was ok. 

It’s where I do my regular “big shop”. It recently beat Aldi for cheapest supermarket.

I quite like it, however at the check out they scan the items at break neck speed. 

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Went to a Lidl today, for the first time ever. 

It was ok. 

What did you think to the array of freshly baked fattening pastries that bombard you as soon as you walk in? Best bit about the place if you ask me. 

Lidl is quality. Been shopping there for a few years since Aldi started putting their prices up. I get 90% of what I need then get a few things from my local Sainsbury’s. Even if I won the lottery I’d still shop at Lidl. 

19 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s where I do my regular “big shop”. It recently beat Aldi for cheapest supermarket.

I quite like it, however at the check out they scan the items at break neck speed. 

They also only ever have one line open at the checkout.

21 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

What did you think to the array of freshly baked fattening pastries that bombard you as soon as you walk in? Best bit about the place if you ask me. 

Its a very nice smell as you go in. I assume that its done on purpose as some sort of strategy to make people feel good. Like when people bake bread before they have viewings on their house for sale. 

What do people consider to be the fourth flavour of crisps?

Whether they’re your favourite or not, I think most would agree that ready salted, salt & vinegar and cheese & onion are the main trio. They’d score the highest on family fortunes.

What’s in fourth spot? Which one is D'Artagnan? I’m going with prawn cocktail.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Whether they’re your favourite or not, I think most would agree that ready salted, salt & vinegar and cheese & onion are the main trio. They’d score the highest on family fortunes.

Yes, prawn cocktail IMO, though probably not in other countries, never seen it in North America (though I haven't looked hard).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Good call. I had some Prawn cocktail crisps on Monday and some on Tuesday. It's important to pair your crisps with your food - so Monday and also Tuesday I had Tuna mayo and cucumber sandwiches for dinner - fish sandwich goes with fish crisps (you can't get gravy crisps, before anyone starts). If I have a cheese and onion or cheese and tomato sandwich, I'll go with either salt & Vinegar, or Cheese and Onion. Egg mayo sandwich goes with S&V.

Ready salted is universal. The others need to be strictly paired with the food.  Any sort of wanton pairing of inappropriate crisps with food needs to be punishable by Law as a food crime.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Roast Chicken, Then Beef then that Johnny come lately, smells of periods, prawn cocktail interloper

I detest prawn cocktail crisps apart from skips. But I’m sure most people hate skips. 

I’d say for sure that either Roast Chicken or smokey bacon is fourth. Beef in sixth. 

My all time favourite crisps have to be the ‘naked’ kettle crisps. Just plain potato flavour. No salt. Don’t see them at all now though :( 

I  was the kid that loved the old Smyths’ ‘salt & shake’. I’d just chuck that little blue pack of shite in the bin. 

Edited by Ingram85

Â