The Boring Thread

Spoony

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I always thought that Henry hoovers were just gimmicky....i mean, with that stupid smirky face on it, how could it ever compete with a dyson ?

Well, i was wrong. The missus brought her Henry over and it almost sucked up my carpet from its grippers. She also has a pink Hetty hoover and although its as good as it's red brother, it does look a bit ghey.

I have now launched my pathetic cordless dyson on to the local tip and and am happy to say Henry is now my hoover of choice. 

Yeah it sucked up your 'carpet' ;) 

Had my Henry for 13 years. Its a solid bit of kit! 

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I always thought that Henry hoovers were just gimmicky....i mean, with that stupid smirky face on it, how could it ever compete with a dyson ?

Well, i was wrong. The missus brought her Henry over and it almost sucked up my carpet from its grippers. She also has a pink Hetty hoover and although its as good as it's red brother, it does look a bit ghey.

I have now launched my pathetic cordless dyson on to the local tip and and am happy to say Henry is now my hoover of choice. 

Some genius scientist bloke was showing his innovative new powerful vacuum cleaner in a board meeting, when the bosses yuppie son who had his feet on the desk shouted out “stick a face on it!”

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Smokey Bacon. Any other answer is wrong.

Correct. And I wish it would infiltrate the big 3. Getting multipacks of crisps is a bit shit when you don't really like Salt and Vinegar. The most overrated crisp flavour of all time

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

Roast Chicken is first choice for me.

Roast Chicken are lovely, but there's no way they're the "4th" flavour of crisp like the OP suggested. I think they're quite rare to be honest

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Correct. And I wish it would infiltrate the big 3. Getting multipacks of crisps is a bit shit when you don't really like Salt and Vinegar. The most overrated crisp flavour of all time

This. I sometimes want a mixed pack of plain and cheese'n'onion, but then I'm lumbered with the shit salt'n'vinegar. Have to leave them for the missus. 

• Like 1

What is this heresy? Cheese and onion is easily the weakest of the original triumvirate. Although I do find Walkers version the best cheese and onion. 

My ideal multipack of Walkers would be salt and vinegar, pickled onion and worcestershire sauce. I must have a liking for strong flavours. 

Edited by Xela

Talking of Walkers Crisps, they make all kinds of one off special flavours now, but the first new flavours from them I remember as a kid, that deviated from the norm were the following

Cheese (yellow packet)

Sausage (light brown)

Tomato ketchup (dak red packet)

Anyone remember those?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Cheese and onion crisps you say ?

Close this discussion:

5eb40c0a29f72.jpg

A mate of mine raves about those. One day he gave me a packet. I thought they were OK. Just OK, but you're not alone in your championing of the Norn Iron crisp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

A mate of mine raves about those. One day he gave me a packet. I thought they were OK. Just OK, but you're not alone in your championing of the Norn Iron crisp.

Ah well, the norn iron tayto comes in the yellow and red bags and i ain't that impressed. I prefer when de family bring loads over from the republic in the red and blue bags. I doubt there's any difference in taste but years ago i convinced myself there was and that's probably a boring thing to admit to in itself !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Best crisps I've ever tasted are these, but they're fairly hard to find. 

Screenshot_2021-04-02-13-40-22-98.jpg

Booths sells 'em.

Bizarrely my mate got the Tayto crisps from SuperDrug.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

This. I sometimes want a mixed pack of plain and cheese'n'onion, but then I'm lumbered with the shit salt'n'vinegar. Have to leave them for the missus. 

4 hours ago, Xela said:

What is this heresy? Cheese and onion is easily the weakest of the original triumvirate. Although I do find Walkers version the best cheese and onion. 

My ideal multipack of Walkers would be salt and vinegar, pickled onion and worcestershire sauce. I must have a liking for strong flavours. 

I can't agree with any of you; the weakest of the originals is 'ready salted', a crisp flavour *that isn't a flavour*.

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Talking of Walkers Crisps, they make all kinds of one off special flavours now, but the first new flavours from them I remember as a kid, that deviated from the norm were the following

Cheese (yellow packet)

Sausage (light brown)

Tomato ketchup (dak red packet)

Anyone remember those?

I remember tomato ketchup, I used to like those when they came out. But I don't remember the others.

• Like 1

As a child Salt'n'Vinegar was the undisputed king of crisps.  But for most of my adult life Prawn Cocktail and Worcester Sauce flavours have been my main favourites, though Worcester Sauce are.....hard to source.

But in more recent years it's seemingly moved to Cheese and Onion. 

We are obviously talking about standard Walkers flavours here. Kiddies crisps like Snaps are the best full stop. 

Ready Salted are pointless and fully deserve a place in The Boring Thread.  They are the choice of crisp for when you are tired of life. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

On 01/04/2021 at 14:04, mottaloo said:

Every tradesman in the UK will have a Henry for that tough after work vaccing up. 

However I have heard that they have reduced the power of the newer ones so they are not as good at the really heavy duty hoovering as they used to be. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just changed my car battery, where do I collect my man points from?

Wire you asking?, but as you have, currently the Volt they're kept in is empty. A man has been charged with mis conduct and is detained in the cells.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Ready Salted are pointless and fully deserve a place in The Boring Thread.  They are the choice of crisp for when you are tired of life. 

Surely these are more boring 

pipers-crisps-unsalted_360x.jpg?v=160751

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Salt or salt and vinegar are the only nice crisps with one or two exceptions. Vague brown dust that burns the tastebuds all at once is not ‘roast beef and honey parsnip’ flavour or whatever they pass it off as.

The few exceptions are cool Doritos being ok, twiglets and tomato monster munch.

’cheese’ ‘flavour’ anything is **** vile

Edited by a m ole

Â