The Boring Thread

Spoony

On 03/01/2022 at 13:57, PussEKatt said:

When I was walking to my friends place,this old couple talked to me ( I often pass their place on my way to my mates but we usually just say hellow ) during the conversation he mentioned that they dont owne a mobile phone ( too new-fangled ) I said that I have just bought a new one and they can have my old one.I said I would show them how to use it as I said people their age should have one,even if only for emergencies.

So I gave them the phone and showed them the basics,then I offered to put their address book on the phone so thay only have to look up a name and press a button.What suprised me ( and I find this really sad ) is that they only had 2 numbers to put in their address book (their son and daughter ) you hear about lonely old people but this episode brought home to me what that really means 

They are just selective. They have got to an age that they can't be arsed to talk to anybody else.  Power to them.

Just put in the GP number and the home shopping channel and they are away.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

A fact I learned today is that this is the headquarters of Jet2:

2880px-Jet2.com_headquarters,_Leeds_Brad

It is located at Leeds Bradford airport, and it is called 'Low Fare Finder House'.

That has to be one of the least impressive HQ’s around. I guess all the top brass are constantly travelling so it’s only for the minions.

• Like 1

I heard on the radio praise being given to Brentford’s new stadium which is called ‘Brentford community stadium’. It made me think how boring the names are of the new stadiums that have been built in the last few years. Is that the most imaginative name they could come up with?

Just now, Hamburglar said:

I heard on the radio praise being given to Brentford’s new stadium which is called ‘Brentford community stadium’. It made me think how boring the names are of the new stadiums that have been built in the last few years. Is that the most imaginative name they could come up with?

Easily beaten by the uber imaginatively named Tottenham Hotspur Stadium...

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Is that what they’ve called it? Jesus wept. 
I’m going to assume stealth communism planning conditions must be an obstruction to naming a stadium properly. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Think it's just a placeholder until they find a corporate sponsor willing to pay them gazillions isn't it?

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

That has to be one of the least impressive HQ’s around. I guess all the top brass are constantly travelling so it’s only for the minions.

I'm now wondering if it would be on topic to discuss which are the more impressive corporate HQs, or if there is a danger of that becoming too interesting for the thread.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Villa Park ain't much different if we're honest

:trollface:

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Think it's just a placeholder until they find a corporate sponsor willing to pay them gazillions isn't it?

I'm now wondering if it would be on topic to discuss which are the more impressive corporate HQs, or if there is a danger of that becoming too interesting for the thread.

Already too late for me. I’m figuratively reaching for the popcorn here. 

(Seriously)

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Did mine gardens yesterday, now crippled and have got man flu now

I had a battery/cordless strimmer for my birthday in December (for the getting old thread) and gave it its first outing. Very impressed.

Â