The Boring Thread

Spoony

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Because of the oak tree my guttering used to get blocked with leaves, and then when it rained water would come cascading over the top. So last autumn I put one of those hedgehog brush things in the guttering. Much better. But yesterday it pissed it down and water was again cascading down over the end of the guttering. By leaning out of the window, I put a small wedge of wood under one of the brackets to raise that end up. I don’t know if it’s worked yet, as it’s not raining heavily.5FD433C0-06C7-4621-942C-7BF67004D17B.jpeg

Alright MacGyver, calm down.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Because of the oak tree my guttering used to get blocked with leaves, and then when it rained water would come cascading over the top. So last autumn I put one of those hedgehog brush things in the guttering. Much better. But yesterday it pissed it down and water was again cascading down over the end of the guttering. By leaning out of the window, I put a small wedge of wood under one of the brackets to raise that end up. I don’t know if it’s worked yet, as it’s not raining heavily.5FD433C0-06C7-4621-942C-7BF67004D17B.jpeg

I pay to have my gutters emptied once a year as it used to leak in 1 corner where there was no down pipe.

£45 for the whole lot. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Sometimes on IMDb, if I’m already on an actor’s or a film’s entry and I want to look up another actor or film, instead of just typing the name into the search engine, I see if I can navigate my way to the relevant profile in a six degrees of Kevin Bacon style manner.

200w.webp?cid=82a1493b98pj806pbh3xeis08p

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Sometimes on IMDb, if I’m already on an actor’s or a film’s entry and I want to look up another actor or film, instead of just typing the name into the search engine, I see if I can navigate my way to the relevant profile in a six degrees of Kevin Bacon style manner.

Thank you! Thank you! I am not alone! Do you count fence panels as well? 

• Haha 2

On 04/08/2021 at 15:51, mjmooney said:

Exciting new ant noticing developments. 

I've now noticed flying ants on our drive. 

We seem to have ANOTHER flying ant day.  I've never noticed it happen twice in a summer before. 

5 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I found an actor recently who had 6 degrees of separation.  Can't remember who is was now but he was in a really really early horror film. 

• Like 1

Sometimes when I'm skimming through all the threads to try and quickly catch up on everything I lose track of which thread I've stumbled into...

Never a problem in this thread for some reason. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Xela said:

As terms of town layouts go, Telford is very well designed. Plenty of wide roads, dual carriageways and lots of parking. 

I remember the days when it was a one way system around the centre.

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I remember the days when it was a one way system around the centre.

I've took the more 'scenic' route into Telford the last couple of times... basically just stay on the A5 from Lichfield and eventually you'll end up there. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've took the more 'scenic' route into Telford the last couple of times... basically just stay on the A5 from Lichfield and eventually you'll end up there. 

Part of the old Watling Street. Worked well enough for the Romans.

FYI there’s a naturist club just off that road as you’re heading into Telford. Unfortunately that’s the best local knowledge I can offer at just after 1am in the morning. Still, doesn’t hurt knowing.

4 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Part of the old Watling Street. Worked well enough for the Romans.

FYI there’s a naturist club just off that road as you’re heading into Telford. Unfortunately that’s the best local knowledge I can offer at just after 1am in the morning. Still, doesn’t hurt knowing.

When I was a kid living in Donnington the naturist club was a rite of passage. We would make the trek up there to look at old mens ball bags. This predated the tip and when there was still colliery works there. ( Colliery had closed down though).

Also Oakengatesrkad system used to be one way, changing many years ago but even now it feels wrong driving towards wrockwardine. As for the town centre. Nope. Can't drive the other way round that. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I’ve never been to Telford. Or Tamworth. Are they worth going to?

I would say yes to Telford, if you have never been. Moderately decent town centre and town park. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

Â