The Boring Thread

Spoony

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I can't agree with any of you; the weakest of the originals is 'ready salted', a crisp flavour *that isn't a flavour*.

I remember tomato ketchup, I used to like those when they came out. But I don't remember the others.

It’s salt flavour. If it wasn’t a flavour it would just be unsalted potato

On 17/03/2021 at 16:45, Ingram85 said:

I’d say for sure that either Roast Chicken or smokey bacon is fourth. Beef in sixth. 

My all time favourite crisps have to be the ‘naked’ kettle crisps. Just plain potato flavour. No salt. Don’t see them at all now though :( 

I  was the kid that loved the old Smyths’ ‘salt & shake’. I’d just chuck that little blue pack of shite in the bin. 

spacer.png

Edited by Ingram85
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

As a child Salt'n'Vinegar was the undisputed king of crisps.  But for most of my adult life Prawn Cocktail and Worcester Sauce flavours have been my main favourites, though Worcester Sauce are.....hard to source.

But in more recent years it's seemingly moved to Cheese and Onion. 

We are obviously talking about standard Walkers flavours here. Kiddies crisps like Snaps are the best full stop. 

Ready Salted are pointless and fully deserve a place in The Boring Thread.  They are the choice of crisp for when you are tired of life. 

Have you tried helicopter flavour crisps?

Going back to the crisps debate, a pal of mine from the north mentioned Tudor Crisps. 

Googled them and found these - what exotic flavours for the 70s and 80s

tudor-crisps2.jpg?w=513

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Going back to the crisps debate, a pal of mine from the north mentioned Tudor Crisps. 

Googled them and found these - what exotic flavours for the 70s and 80s

tudor-crisps2.jpg?w=513

Gammon flavour would go down well in these times 😂 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Genie said:

YouTube has shown it’s true colours with them several times by always putting profit in front of ethics.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

True colours are beautiful, like a rainbow.

This is something I’ve thought about before, but because it’s quite boring I’ll put it here.

In day to day discourse, when someone’s described as having shown their “true colours”, it’s always a negative. You never hear someone say “Oh that bloke over the road, you know the miserable sod? Well I see he’s finally showing his true colours - he’s doing a fun run for charity.”

However then there’s that song which very much flies in the face of my theory.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing the phrase comes from the era of naval piracy, when privateer ships would approach potential victims under a 'false flag', and only at the last minute, run up their actual identification, 'showing their true colours'. 

I can believe that, which if accurate would suggest it’s meaning is rooted as a negative. But Cyndi Lauper elected  to go against the grain and try and reinvent the meaning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing the phrase comes from the era of naval piracy, when privateer ships would approach potential victims under a 'false flag', and only at the last minute, run up their actual identification, 'showing their true colours'. 

Like those Germans who pretended to be Poles in the Eagle has Landed

7 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I can believe that, which if accurate would suggest it’s meaning is rooted as a negative. But Cyndi Lauper elected  to go against the grain and try and reinvent the meaning.

It's what Cyndi does. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Well girls wanna have fun. And apparently that's all they really want.

Â