André Green

sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’s great in the air

You have seen more of him than me, so I could well be wrong. As I said I am being picky. I just thought he was a bit timid with that header, and in the handful of games I have seen he has missed a few. I may be being harsh, heading is not an easy skill and with work he can become better in my opinion. One thing for sure, he has a good shot on him.

2 minutes ago, NeilS said:

You have seen more of him than me, so I could well be wrong. As I said I am being picky. I just thought he was a bit timid with that header, and in the handful of games I have seen he has missed a few. I may be being harsh, heading is not an easy skill and with work he can become better in my opinion. One thing for sure, he has a good shot on him.

Agreed 

19 minutes ago, NeilS said:

His first goal was a lovely strike, you could see the ball was destined for the top corner as soon as it left his boot.

If I am being picky, he got a little lucky with his headed second goal. It wasn’t the most convincing finish, he was unmarked 6 yards out and almost headed straight at the keeper.  He looks a fairly tall lad, who could become a potent weapon coming in from the wing on the far side. If he can improve his heading ability, I think he can get a few goals with his head.

I agree it was a poor header really. I think the poor connection is what wrong footed the keeper. 

• Like 1

Still think we need a winger, we cant rely in Green’s fitness and Adomah who declined his form. Yet from what I saw last season and some highlights at preseason this guy could shine with us. I think we have some exciting youngsters, hope they all could adope very well, another Grealish or two will be fantastic!

Well if Kodjia isn't fit for the first game and the other 3 are all out and McCormack has no chance of appearing I reckon he put a good shout in for playing up top there. Adomah so much more effective than him out wide too.

Elmo on the other side of the three offered very little in todays friendly.

High hopes for O'Hare if he gets back for the new year and still think RHM and Kodjia can do ok wide but we really need to replace Snodgrass from last years team even if we have a few options on the bench.

well chuffed for Andre though. I hope he can go on to have the season I thought he was up for last year.

Green started ahead of Adomah at the start of last season before injury. With Snodgrass gone, and no right winger, it wouldn't suprise to see us start the season with Green on the left and Adomah on the right.

56 minutes ago, av1 said:

Green started ahead of Adomah at the start of last season before injury. With Snodgrass gone, and no right winger, it wouldn't suprise to see us start the season with Green on the left and Adomah on the right.

Who will play upfront in the first couple of games though?

Â