Ryan Bertrand

Didiersix

The only downside is where we are in the summer. Like with walker, we lose a good player, get no money for him and once again need a lb

I can't see Bertrand going back to Chelsea like Walker went back to Spurs.

Probably not, but the question may be whether he wants to sign for us on lower half Championship/League 1 wages.

Pretty sure if we do attempt to sign him permanently he'll be offered more than that.

The only downside is where we are in the summer. Like with walker, we lose a good player, get no money for him and once again need a lb

I can't see Bertrand going back to Chelsea like Walker went back to Spurs.

Probably not, but the question may be whether he wants to sign for us on lower half Championship/League 1 wages.

Pretty sure if we do attempt to sign him permanently he'll be offered more than that.

Well at least we get the chance to see if he is worth the bigger wages now but I suspect that Bertrand himself probably sees his future at a club higher up the table than us.  Things can change between now and the summer so you never know either way what way it might work out, he might love it here.

Edited by Bunnski

Hes 24. Jose doesnt want him. He wants a bigger player. I think good chance to get him permanently if he impresses.

Very happy with this signing. Someone who actually IMPROVES our startling 11. Enough squad players. This is what im talking about. Even if its on loan.. we can re assess in the summer. Or at least buy another quality left back. Till then we have a quality left back!

Now please a equally impressive. I am assuming we will get a permanent CM? Lets hope so.

If he hadn't wasted our limited budget on complete dross he wouldn't have had to bring someone in on loan. Yes it is a loan but could he not have done that when he first came to the club or were we banned from loaning players?

How do you know he didn't? He'd just won the champions league with them and was viewed as a replacement for Cole.

Plus the money that we spent on Luna and Bennett wouldn't of got us Bertrand. Even their combined wages will be a lot less than what he is on.

There's no way we're paying his full wages now.

Is it too hard to say 'fair play Lambert, good player, just want we need'?

You need to realise that not every signing works out. Out the players spurs signed in the summer, only 1 of them has so far worked out!

• Like 2

It's also a clear sign that Jose wants Shaw imo.

Agreed and remember that Jose seems to prefer Azpilicueta at left back to Cole as things stand, so should Cole stay that would be 3 players (if they sign Shaw) ahead of Bertrand.

This loan is a shop window job, if he performs well I would hope we would sign him but if not it will be because of a bigger or better team picking him up.

Edited by samjp26

It wouldn't surprise me if he played left midfield. He has good skill, a good turn of pace, and a decent cross on him.

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Luna

Bacuna Wesetwood Delph Bertrand

Gabby Benteke

Have double cover on the wings as that's where we've had most of our problems

Good signing, slightly disappointed as I would've like to see Bennett have a good run in the team when he got back to full fitness, but I'm not going to complain when we're going to be playing someone better :D

Go home MessiWillSignForVilla, you're drunk.

Hey! I may be a student but I don't get drunk this early :D

• Like 1

Hes 24. Jose doesnt want him. He wants a bigger player. I think good chance to get him permanently if he impresses.

Also, as Liverpool are currently challenging for the title, Chelsea would rather sell to us than to a direct rival, surely?

Has always looked quality when I've seen him play and I am very confident that he will be a major improvement to our defence. Let's face it, he could play better on one leg than the other left back's can with both!

Welcome to the madhouse Ryan :)

Good signing, slightly disappointed as I would've like to see Bennett have a good run in the team when he got back to full fitness, but I'm not going to complain when we're going to be playing someone better :D

Go home MessiWillSignForVilla, you're drunk.

Hey! I may be a student but I don't get drunk this early :D

Don't know what makes you more likely to be drunk - your usename or that comment about Bennett! One thing's for sure, you are a bit left of centre ;)

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 2

Not that I've seen him play more than on a couple of occasions, but this seems like a god loan signing.

LB is one of our weakest areas and from the little I've seen Bertrand is clearly better than the ones we have.

Edited by sne

Â