Ryan Bertrand

Didiersix

Absolutely delighted about this signing, completely unexpected when I found out today. He may not play in one of the crucial positions we need but no one can argue he won't get into our first team and improve it. I was worried we would only get in more back up players due to funds, should be one of Lambert's better deals. Welcome Ryan. 

Pleased we've snagged Bertrand albeit on loan.

Hopefully he does really well, settles into the team easily and the rumours of Chelsea offering Cole a 1yr extension and signing Shaw from Southampton in the summer come true.

We 'could' well be in a good position to sign him permanently.

I have to admit I've never heard of him, but he sounds decent enough. Would prefer a permanent deal though, instead of these rinky dink loan moves...

he's not making it at chelsea, he'll be available for around £4m in the summer, if he enjoys it here he'll see the light and finally move away from chelsea's bench, if he's good here then we have assurances after buying 2 duds

its a good move for everyone

i cant see walker repeating itself here, bertrand is 24, chelsea are likely to buy shaw, who is younger and less experienced, if that doesnt tell him his time at chelsea is up then nothing will

• Like 1

I have to admit I've never heard of him, but he sounds decent enough. Would prefer a permanent deal though, instead of these rinky dink loan moves...

he's not making it at chelsea, he'll be available for around £4m in the summer, if he enjoys it here he'll see the light and finally move away from chelsea's bench, if he's good here then we have assurances after buying 2 duds

i cant see walker repeating itself here, bertrand is 24, chelsea are likely to buy shaw, who is younger and less experienced, if that doesnt tell him his time at chelsea is up then nothing will

Yeah but Man U also need a left back, So Chelsea aren't nailed on there.

Chelsea will have Champions League football though :)

• Like 1

Anyone churned out the 'hope we don't sign a loan player unless there's a permanent deal in place' line yet?

Didn't think so.

Loans can save teams seasons. our left side is horrible and Bertrand will improve that dramatically.

Not on the Kyle Walker levels but I think he is a more disciplined player defensively at least.

Good signing.

Now an AM please and step on it.

Chelsea will have Champions League football though :)

or the financial clout, said in the utd thread, they're further than people are thinking, there are plenty of clubs that can offer better wages than utd, and like you say come the summer plenty of clubs that can offer the CL football they cant

Might be harder for him to as impressive in our team as Chelsea but I'm sure he'll do fantastically well. Maybe his presence around the place might bring out the best in the other young guys as well.

I'd prefer it if didn't have to load players but we need to do whatever we need to do to get us over the line and then into the summer at which time hopefully Randy has mapped it all out so we've reached a staged where we are able to invest in the team one way or another.

Good loan signing. Think that his Chelsea career is over but come the summer, after suitably impressing for us, he'll have plenty of options and hopefully we are the one he chooses.

Edited by Houlston

good signing on paper.

at least we are shopping at a higher level

as you know nothing is certain in this game....'bout time we had a bit of luck with deals.

Can't take this as anything but a positive, whether he plays at left back in place of Luna, or as a defensive winger in front of Luna to help him out. Definitely hope it turns into something long-term, and given the situation at Chelsea I highly doubt he could break into the team under Mourinho. I'm 8 hours behind you all and this was very pleasant and unexpected news to wake up to. If we get a permanent AM this window also I will consider it quite successful.

Seriously guys, swapping Bertrand for Luna/Bennett is good, Bertrand is a better player but......

Luna is given no protection at all, a narrow midfield leaves our fullbacks completely exposed every game, Bertrand will be an improvement yes, but don't expect miracles

Good loan signing. Think that is Chelsea career but come the summer, after suitably impressing for us, he'll have plenty of options and hopefully we are the one he chooses.

Hopefully if he does impress we'll have the funds available to offer him the chance to sign.

Â