Ryan Bertrand

Didiersix

I think Chelsea will line up a move for Shaw either in January, or in the summer. We have 4 months to convince Bertrand Villa is a good place for him to develop. Im happy with this signing. Just an AM now (even if it is Hoolahan) and I, for one, will be relatively happy.

• Like 1

Welcome Ryan, lets hope he settles in well and the move becomes permanent in the summer.

Feel a bit for Luna but maybe this will help take the pressure and spotlight off him for a while whilst he learns the positional side of the game more...Watching Bertrand may just help him do that maybe and then if he does go back to Chelsea in the summer Luna can come back stronger for it.

Agree though good signing.

Great bit of business. A fullback that isn't shit. That'll be novel. As others have said, straight into the starting line-up please. With Luke Shaw being strongly linked to Chelsea it's not impossible that this lad might need to move next season for his career. Having a link to us can't hurt our prospects assuming it all goes well.

I don't know much about him but hope he comes in and does a good job! My Chelsea supporting mate (I know, I know!) did just tell me that Bertrand gives the ball away too often and isn't very strong in the tackle... he should fit right in!

Will be good for Luna to take a bit of time to get better positionally out of the fire.

Meh not a bad buy, hopefully this still means we'll be getting a permanent deal done for someone else in midfield. Will bring experience and hopefully with his age and lack of opportunities at Chelsea he will have something to prove. Feel bad for Bennett in particular, Luna has had the season to show his stuff and hasn't really done it, so was due a break from the first team anyway, Bennett though was solid towards the end of last season and it won't be long before he's back from his injury. 

Anywho he's 24, English, possibility of a clause in his contract due to competition at Chelsea and covering a position we've been struggling with that has been targeted by other teams repeatedly all season. 

Not bad!

Good signing.

Wasn't there a pretty concrete rumour that we'd bid for Bertrand in the summer (or maybe last January)?

Lambert must be a fan if so.

Shame it's not permanent but a good signing nonetheless

Great signing. I'd like to see a back 4 of Lowton, Vlaar, Clark and Bertrand, with Bacuna infront of Lowton and rotating with him. That's not a bad defence there.

With Okore to come back as well, who seems to have the pace that the others lack.  Decent.

meme-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

This must be the first time a player has signed before we even had a speculation thread about him. And IIRC, I was the first to mention him here today in the speculation thread. :D

Pelle is ITK. new MysteryMan

• Like 1

Â