Ryan Bertrand

Didiersix

Lambert signs a quality player to fill the most suspect position in the team. Great stuff.

Suspect maybe, but not the most critical!!

Can't believe this post- teams have been targeting our left back for the last year and a half. We desperately needed a left back!!!!!

Lambert signs a quality player to fill the most suspect position in the team. Great stuff.

Suspect maybe, but not the most critical!!

Can't believe this post- teams have been targeting our left back for the last year and a half. We desperately needed a left back!!!!!

We deperately need a ACM. Dont get me wrong great signing Bertrand, but most people will be happiest knowing we have ACM in the bag

He seems well rated by most on The Shed End (Chelsea forum). They think he's too good for us and some posters even think he should have been getting a lot more game time for them.

Apparently he was heavily linked with Liverpool as recently as last summer.

Shrewd signing by Lambo. Well done.

I nearly spat my coffee out when I read this at work. In my designated work break period of course. Very pleased at this piece of business. A quick job with no faffing around. I hope that his will become permanent in the summer with a cheeky bid of around 8 to 10 million?. Chelsea will probably decide to let him rot in the reserves though.As Dyke said on Danny Baker's 5 live show last week, English players need to play in order for them to progress. The lad will be 25 soon, Chelsea seem not too sure on him. This would be a great club for him to join to get back into the England set up. But can we afford him?

I nearly spat my coffee out when I read this at work. In my designated work break period of course. Very pleased at this piece of business. A quick job with no faffing around. I hope that his will become permanent in the summer with a cheeky bid of around 8 to 10 million?. Chelsea will probably decide to let him rot in the reserves though.As Dyke said on Danny Baker's 5 live show last week, English players need to play in order for them to progress. The lad will be 25 soon, Chelsea seem not too sure on him. This would be a great club for him to join to get back into the England set up. But can we afford him?

No.

• Like 2

No.

Alrighty_then.gif

• Like 1

No.

Ireland's gone, if we sell Benteke in the summer for 20 mil then surely there should be a bit of money down the Villa Park sofa? As ever it is the wages will be the sticking point.

He's a decent player, certainly an improvement on what we have, and I think he could do reasonably well in midfield. Not sure this is worth getting too carried away about but nevertheless a definitely improvement on what we have.

I do hope we'll be looking to sign him permanently in the summer...

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Ireland's gone, if we sell Benteke in the summer for 20 mil then surely there should be a bit of money down the Villa Park sofa? As ever it is the wages will be the sticking point.

I was half joking, but hopefully we don't have to base any spending plans on selling Benteke.

• Like 1

Some people seem to have a model that we sell off the current remaining high earners, then we can start hiring high wage players again.

That's not what it's about, I fear.

We sell off the current high earners and then pay low wages to everyone for ever.

• Like 1

James Nursey - no deal in place for villa to sign him in summer

Remember player power would also come into play. If he's playing regular first team football here, settles in with his new team-mates, and does well, there's every chance both Villa and Bertrand would want a permanent move.

Can't see him wanting to go back being a bench warmer, although we'd be vulnerable to another team trying to snap him up.

Let's just hope he does well for the rest of the season first, I guess.  :)

Problem being that no one has mentioned yet. Is we start building a good team and other clubs will want our players. If Bertrand performs great and he becomes for sale, we would'nt be able to keep him here. i.e We did'nt even have Benteke a season and he was nearly gone.

verdict, even if we start having success its going to be hard to keep it.

Â