Weather...

Dodgyknees

12 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s so cold outside I’ve tucked my curtains behind the radiator to get maximum heat into the room.

After i posted this I felt really ill. Came from nowhere. I was settling down to watch Jaws 2 with a beer when I started to feel colder and colder. Really shivering / dithering. Ended up going to bed and getting the second duvet out and wrapping up in both to try and get warm. Middle of the night absolutely pounding headache. This morning, feel largely ok apart from tired from a bad nights sleep. Very weird.

I assume it was down to being out in the cold for a couple of hours.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

After i posted this I felt really ill. Came from nowhere. I was settling down to watch Jaws 2 with a beer when I started to feel colder and colder. Really shivering / dithering. Ended up going to bed and getting the second duvet out and wrapping up in both to try and get warm. Middle of the night absolutely pounding headache. This morning, feel largely ok apart from tired from a bad nights sleep. Very weird.

I assume it was down to being out in the cold for a couple of hours.

I had something similar when I went for an afternoon walk in the snizzle on Monday.  Came back with a banging headache and spent the night sweating, shivering and just couldn't get warm.  I was half-tempted to book myself in for a test the following day but I woke up feeling absolutely fine as if nothing had happened.  Keep an eye on it though and if you have any doubts at all I would recommend getting a test just for peace of mind. 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

Been - 10 here

I live I a concerte frame flat, 3 stories high, 2 flats on my floor, I would guess that the walls are maybe 600mm thick, so the slab will be the same, got underfloor heating too which I've never turned on

I have to wear shorts and t-shirt in my flat... Its the warmest building I've ever known

But the 3 days I've gone to the office in that cold have been an eye opener, no clouds, no snow, just crisp and cold, about 90 mins north they have huge snow problems but very little here 

11 minutes ago, trekka said:

I had something similar when I went for an afternoon walk in the snizzle on Monday.  Came back with a banging headache and spent the night sweating, shivering and just couldn't get warm.  I was half-tempted to book myself in for a test the following day but I woke up feeling absolutely fine as if nothing had happened.  Keep an eye on it though and if you have any doubts at all I would recommend getting a test just for peace of mind. 

Yeah cheers, I was lying there last night thinking “is this what Corona is like at the start?”. I’m ok now, no aches, no cough, no changes to smell or taste. Just a strange turn that came and went so fast.

Hopefully that’s it for the snow for a while now, just got to get through these freezing temperatures then get into spring. I don’t care if it rains even just as long as the temperature is warmer.

59 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Hopefully that’s it for the snow for a while now, just got to get through these freezing temperatures then get into spring. I don’t care if it rains even just as long as the temperature is warmer.

Forecast to be +14° C tomorrow. 

Spent half the day today out walking on the ice on the lake, river and estuary that surrounds and runs through the city I live in. Kinda special experience walking around on the ice like that and getting the views you usually only get from boat.

No wind, clear blue sky, bright sun and just below zero degrees Celsius. The ice is close to a feet thick and I ended up walking around for almost 25 kilometers. 

Not been a winter like this for a long while. Kinda like it, brings back childhood memories.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

This is always the time of the year when I think I had enough of Winter now thank you very much, when is Spring turning up?

Grey, Bleak, Cold. Repeat.

Tomorrow 15° with no rain. 

Then a warmer week with sporadic showers.  But from next Sunday it's currently predicted to be 14° every day with sunny periods through to Wednesday.  Time to break out the shorts and deck chair. 

6 hours ago, sne said:

Spent half the day today out walking on the ice on the lake, river and estuary that surrounds and runs through the city I live in. Kinda special experience walking around on the ice like that and getting the views you usually only get from boat.

No wind, clear blue sky, bright sun and just below zero degrees Celsius. The ice is close to a feet thick and I ended up walking around for almost 25 kilometers. 

Not been a winter like this for a long while. Kinda like it, brings back childhood memories.

Which city are you in again? I feel like looking at this on maps.

Â