Weather...

Dodgyknees

Rain Today is quite a good precipitation site to watch.  I used to watch it at work when snow was forecast - as soon as the big red blobs started to appear, I knew it was time to go home.

It looks like the main band of snow should be finished soon (if it hasn't already) for Birmingham. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

Blizzard conditions outside. Heaviest snow i've seen in a while. 

Yeah, we've had a good 2 - 3 inches in Shirley and still going.  The most snow I've seen for a good few years. Glad I've not got to go out! 

Worried all the vaccine Centre's locally will be closed today though. 

Yeah a few inches here. More than last time anyway.

I’ve actually gone out for a 7 mile run in it, mostly successful, just one moment of assuming firm snow in my path up ahead only to find a deceptively deep puddle/part of a water course was lying beneath. The final mile and a half was completed with my right foot thoroughly soaked through and with me hoping that the horrible smell I could suddenly now sense was from a nearby field.

Horrendous journey round the M25 this morning heading back to west London from my Brighton support bubble. Most of it at 30mph as that’s all anyone was prepared to risk. Two cars facing the wrong way on the hard shoulder with extended skid patterns in the road only added to the suspense. 

On the other hand, the park behind my house looked like Anthony Gormley had just completed his latest installation with about 70 snowmen in a park the size of three football pitches. It was lovely to see. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â