Weather...

Dodgyknees

I did look for a topic but couldn't see one.. :)

Nayson last night posted about the Portsmouth football match being cancelled - here

I was stuck slap bang in the middle of it - for some of the loudest and brightest storms I have ever been, The flat where I live was shaking at some points!

Anyway, I managed to grab a few clips on my mobile, but also wanted to see what the weather is like where you guys are?

(Strange one this because it was originally a football question and I also wanted to mention that the local team (Newport IW) carried on playing last night - http://www.iwradio.co.uk/articles/2013-10-22-electrical-storm-lights-up-the-isle-of-wight )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdJnaLFrhHo

Edited by dodgyknees

Anyone else heard about the strong probability of snow in November? Speaking to an ambulance driver a few days ago (he said they have keep an eye on long term weather forcasts) were in for some heavy snow fall by the middle of next month

I swear we had a "cloud burst" over navan the otherday ..torrential rain for about 10mins flooded the place out

Oh yeah! It sounded like someone lifted up the atlantic and dropped it on Navan from a height. It also temporarily 'broke' my Sky TV :angry:

Some leaves were blown from a tree near me, and a bit of litter kind of "danced" in the wind, before settling into a shrub opposite, caught on a twiggy protrusion. Also there were some puddles on the path, this morning.

• Like 1

Anyone else heard about the strong probability of snow in November? Speaking to an ambulance driver a few days ago (he said they have keep an eye on long term weather forcasts) were in for some heavy snow fall by the middle of next month

Might be a good time to use up the rest of my annual leave.  Honestly can't be **** with Scotrail in the winter!!

Aye, the long range forecasts were predicting possibly record breaking sustained snowfalls for November - Though they keep getting the short range forecasts wrong.

I do like the snow I admit it. And despite only having a 'normal' 2WD car have never struggled to get about. Its actually easier to get to work (42miles from home) when its snowing than without as all the pussies cry off and stay off the roads.

• Like 1

Â