Weather...

Dodgyknees

42 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Tropical nights are going to be more common with global warming so we all need to get used to it apparently.

Air-con retailers are rubbing their hands.

Then more houses/countries running air con = more global warming

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Then more houses/countries running air con = more global warming

It’s cus the air con is installed backwards. Clearly what it needs is to be the other way around. Then it would cool the atmosphere and keep people’s houses nice and warm. 

• Like 1

On 13/08/2020 at 10:15, tonyh29 said:

I envy Prince Andrew on nights like yesterday  , lying in his bed as dry as a bone

I know this is a joke, but I actually know a girl with the same condition that he (supposedly) has.

It's not nice at all!

Edit: just to be clear, by condition I mean the not sweating thing. Not the allegedly being a sexual deviant :D 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I know this is a joke, but I actually know a girl with the same condition that he (supposedly) has.

It's not nice at all!

Edit: just to be clear, by condition I mean the not sweating thing. Not the allegedly being a sexual deviant :D 

I’d have thought it could be quite dangerous ?

I’m the opposite walked over Waterloo bridge to the hotel on Sat and had to change my t-shirt before going out , some of it as I managed to spill beer over it from the street market but some of it from being a sweaty  git and the sun being out 

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I’d have thought it could be quite dangerous ?

Not sure about that, I guess it probably could be.

But yeah she just doesn't get any of the cooling effect that we all get form sweating, as annoying as it is. So she feels the heat a lot more.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a singer-songwriter from Texas called Rachel Laven, who's been living and gigging (pandemic permitting) in Leeds for the past year, while her husband did his M.A. at Leeds University. I've got to know them quite well (her music is right up my street), and I went to her 'farewell' gig last night. Although she's very much fallen in love with Yorkshire, she was moaning to me about how awful the British weather was, and how it would be a relief to get back to Texas in a couple of day's time. Cue hurricane Laura.   :)

Â