Weather...

Dodgyknees

24 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Light snow in Solihull which has produced  a slight covering. 

Yep, Shirley has a dusting of snow and it's still snowing but only lightly. I don't think it's going to last though. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yep, Shirley has a dusting of snow and it's still snowing but only lightly. I don't think it's going to last though. 

Not long stopped but already it’s as if it hadn’t even snowed . Wish we had more snow like the old days. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Not long stopped but already it’s as if it hadn’t even snowed . Wish we had more snow like the old days. 

I remember doing my paper round and having to push my bike with the snow up to the wheel axle.  Been years since I've seen snow that deep. 

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I remember doing my paper round and having to push my bike with the snow up to the wheel axle.  Been years since I've seen snow that deep. 

Yep, you’d have it really deep and where the wind had blew it up buildings it would be even deeper. It would take a week for it to clear. No proper snow during a year is boring . Global warming for you though . They reckon by 2100 we probably won’t have snow in England.

• 3 weeks later...

The snow is coming down like the clappers in Shirley right now. 

In the time it's taken me to cook tea it's gone from almost nothing to about 2-3 cm coverage and showing no signs of letting up. 

It's only supposed to be sleeting according to the weather. 

Nothing here, just the remnants of the 30 second hailstorm we had (with added thunder and lighning) at 6:37 yesterday morning. It dropped about half an inch of hail in 30 secs and its still not cleared fully yet

The local newspapers were predicting snow chaos this morning.  Nothing down here in Portsmouth (except from a bit of sleet) but just a tad further North there have been some issues on the roads. 

Â