Callum Robinson

sir_gary_cahill

I think so. cant be any worse than what we currently have and if Fulham are playing 17 year olds in relegation battles surely we have no excuses

Well from what I have seen of Holt since he's been with us I think the lad would be a considerable improvement. We will never know if these guys are good enough unless we try them.

• 3 weeks later...

Brilliant support from the villa faithful when he came on. If Jack got a cheer like that I'd be delighted.

He looked like he was trying too hard. Chased everything down and tried to get the ball at every opportunity. But looked nervous aswell.

I say give him time and a bit more of a chance and he can become good. Glad PL gave him the opportunity though. Top lad.

• Like 1

It was great to see him given a chance, and the fans did well with the reception. As noted, he looked very nervous and didn't really do anything to justify any more significant involvement at this stage, but once we're mathematically safe I'd like to see him get more pitch time. 

I understand the nervous comments, and the couple of times he pulled the trigger he definitely wasn't exactly composed. Still though he did the naturl/autopilot stuff you'd want from a good striker, he got into positions where he could threaten their goal and he looked lively. 

Much more to come from him you'd think, also great that Sid's influence (surely?) told and he got a run out. Good luck to him.

• Like 1

He wasn't great when he came on, but he's young, can improve and could have been overwhelmed with his first appearance. <br />

<br />

The support he got was fantastic, if only the fans supported the whole team that enthusiastically.

• Like 1

He got a huge ovation when he came on, Southampton must have been thinking we were bringing on the hottest young prospect in world football. He's okay, and I was glad to see him get an appearance, but I'm not sure he's quite up to the standard his welcome suggested.

• Like 3

Happy for the lad. Looked decent when he came on too.

Glad he got on and would like to see more sub appearances this season but I would say he looked decent. Unless you're using the PL meaning of decent in which case yes he did!

Great to see the reception he got too, must have been a great moment for the lad.

Great reception should have been put on at the same time as Holt. Had someone behind me say looks out of his depth after his first touch. Wanted to turn around and slap them!

Someone by me moaned at the fans for clapping and encouraging him after a mid control. You do have to wonder.

• Like 1

Â