Callum Robinson

sir_gary_cahill

Have to say im glad someone on our youth team has been given a chance however im baffled by this start him stuff, he isn't going to save us and hes not the magical answer to our problems. Not even sure he should be involved at all at the moment given where we are.

No you're right, let's just persist with the likes of Weimann. We know he'll offer nothing but obviously that beats giving an unknown quantity a chance to do better.

Edited by Isa

That's not what i said at all, not surprised though. I hate seeing Wiemann and Agbonlahor starting every game as much as anyone else but just throwing youth teamers in isn't going to save us is it? If thats the case why not stick a few more in? People seem to be touting him to start and act like hes some kind of saviour when i'd guess most havent even seen him play before. I saw him in preseason and thought he looked very raw.

• Like 2

Those touting him to start usually follow it up with the statement "he can't do any worse than so-and-so". I wouldn't say that anyone is expecting him to become "a saviour" as you put it, rather they believe that he deserves a chance to show whether he can provide more than the wasters currently starting ahead of him every week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â