Callum Robinson

sir_gary_cahill

I watched RHM during the recent Hong Kong Soccer 7s and whilst he is very quick, he is still an extremely raw talent. He has a lot to learn but is undoubtedly a promising young player.

Robinson has a lot more game experience and could be useful next season, especially considering the league we'll be plying our trade in.

3 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

What has Hepburn Murphy done compared to Robinson? I'm all for giving youth a chance hence why I think Robinson should be in our squad. He has played more football league games that Hepburn Murphy at this stage. Personally I think Hepburn should be in and around the squad too with a loan spell or two next season. 

What has Hepburn done compared to Robinson? Nothing. I was merely showing another option as you stated that we will only have Gestede and Kozak left.  Robinson has already had a few spells of league football and has hardly set the world alight.  I am all for our youth coming through but just don't see Robinson having a future with us.  Happy to be proved wrong of course but would rather we sign a loan player like Patrick Bamford etc. 

7 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

What has Hepburn done compared to Robinson? Nothing. I was merely showing another option as you stated that we will only have Gestede and Kozak left.  Robinson has already had a few spells of league football and has hardly set the world alight.  I am all for our youth coming through but just don't see Robinson having a future with us.  Happy to be proved wrong of course but would rather we sign a loan player like Patrick Bamford etc. 

It might not work out for Robinson but I think we need to give the the youngsters a chance. Sometimes you get a player like Kane who doesn't look great and then suddenly becomes Englands no1 striker. Gabby mark 1 didn't do much on loan and then came back and did well. It's all about game time, hard work and belief. 

• 1 month later...

Official Twitter just tweeted that he's left on a permanent deal to Preston North End. Good luck Callum.

Transfer news: @CallumRobbo37 has joined @PNEFC on a permanent deal. Good luck in the future, Callum! #AVFC

• Like 1

That's a shame, I still think he's a terrific young player with a great future in the game. I think he should've been given more opportunities here, especially with our lack of options in the forward area, good luck to him

• Like 3

Even though I'd have liked him to stay, I've never seen a great deal from him when I've watched him play. He had a bit of pace and tries hard, but I never really saw anything extra special from him.

I think my main hopes for him staying here were based on the previous loan spell he had at PNE when he scored 4 goals in 6, or whatever it was.

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Even though I'd have liked him to stay, I've never seen a great deal from him when I've watched him play. He had a bit of pace and tries hard, but I never really saw anything extra special from him.

I think my main hopes for him staying here were based on the previous loan spell he had at PNE when he scored 4 goals in 6, or whatever it was.

In my opinion, he definitely has quality, he's a good finisher and has a good brain, not only that but he works hard as well. I think it just shows how good you have to be to make it here. In my opinion, he should've been given more of an opportunity here

33 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Apparently turned down a contract from us.  

I don't blame him really. He needs to be playing football at this point to develop and he's unlikely to get it here. Presuming we sign/keep hold of forwards.

Didn't really get chance to see if he was any good as he wasn't given much of an opportunity. The little I saw I wasn't expecting too much from him but their wasn't much to judge on.

• Like 1

he's 21 so if he was going to be something special he would be doing more by now, struggled on his last loan, needs to play a lot of football, he wont get it here, we get a small development fee

good move all round i think

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Last season he was in and out of the PNE team and struggled to adapt to the championship but this season he's one of their key players and think him and DJ will again give us trouble in two weeks.

Not a stretch to think he'll be playing in the premier league in a few seasons....I also don't think that square ball across goal was awful either....how slow was Hugill?!

On 08/01/2017 at 13:59, VillaChris said:

I also don't think that square ball across goal was awful either....how slow was Hugill?!

It certainly wasn't 'awful', but I thought it went too far ahead of Hugill.  It wasn't quite as square as it needed to be, even acknowledging that Hugill could have been quicker as well.  I was impressed with Robinson though.  Fair play and best of luck to the lad :thumb:

Â