Callum Robinson

sir_gary_cahill

Well according to Sid Cowans, this kid has 'a real chance' to make the step up. Not your common or garden player.

Mon said the same about Delfouneso..,

But did Sid? **** MON :)

yes! sat next to him at a paul merson after dinner thing about 3/4 years ado and he said fonz would be better than gabby but albrighton would be better than all of them coming though, didnt quite happen that way...

unsurprisingly really nice bloke

• 2 months later...

Rubbish from Lambert not bringing Robinson on, still he made Grant Holt (an ageing loanee with no future at Aston Villa) happy.

Anyhow, Robinson has shown Lambert what he was missing by bagging a goal for England u19s.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Like 1

Have a good feeling on this kid....which probably means he'll be playing at Burton in a year or two!

His goal record seems good for the youths so another I'd like to see go out on loan in the near future (probably next season now).

Without seeing him play, is he similar to Gabby? O.K I wouldn't expect him to be anywhere near as quicker but maybe a forward who's adaptable and can play across the front three?

• 3 weeks later...

Man Utd v Villa: Lambert - Hungry Robinson has earned chance
Paul Lambert on the progress of teenager Callum Robinson.
29th Mar 2014

0,,10265~12711759,00.jpg

0,,10265~11446916,00.jpg

Paul Lambert has hailed Callum Robinson as an exciting prospect after being impressed with the teenage hotshot's enthusiasm.

Robinson made his first team debut in the Capital One Cup tie against Tottenham earlier in the season and has been named on the bench for Villa's last two Barclays Premier League games.

The England U19 international - who starred again for the club's U21 team on Monday with two goals in a win over Stoke - has caught the eye of the manager with his efforts in the academy ranks.

Although Lambert has warned Robinson still has a long way to go in his development, he feels the Northampton-born starlet deserves the chance to experience life in the senior setup.

"Callum I think has done great for the reserves," said the Villa boss.

"He has great enthusiasm for the game. I think he's deserved a chance to go on the bench with the way he's performed.

"He still has a long, long way to go but I think highly enough of him to let him experience what it's like and what to expect.

"He has got a chance in the game but he's only a kid who's not really done anything in his career. But he has a chance."

Asked about the 19-year-old's best attributes, Lambert replied: "His enthusiasm, he's a natural finisher and he has great movement.

"He's definitely one for the future. If we think it's right to throw him on then we wouldn't hesitate.

"He'd give you everything he's got, I know that. We'll have to wait and see."

He's 19, why hasn't he had an opportunity yet?

Don't really like Lambert's comment about Robinson not having done anything in his career, I'd counter that by saying he has taken every chance given to him at u16, u18, u21 and youth International level. If he hasn't done anything in his career in terms of senior football, that is down to him being at a club where the manager would rather play the likes of Holt, Bowery and Dawkins on the basis they have 'experience' of the rigours of football.

• Like 1

Â