Callum Robinson

sir_gary_cahill

He's 19, why hasn't he had an opportunity yet?

Don't really like Lambert's comment about Robinson not having done anything in his career, I'd counter that by saying he has taken every chance given to him at u16, u18, u21 and youth International level. If he hasn't done anything in his career in terms of senior football, that is down to him being at a club where the manager would rather play the likes of Holt, Bowery and Dawkins on the basis they have 'experience' of the rigours of football.

He brought him on in the cup earlier this season. Age doesn't really matter, Lambert goes to every U21 game and I'm sure he knows more than us lot, it could be down to physicality or even mentality.

Based on these comments I'm 100% sure Robinson will get a chance in the league very soon, I also think Grealish will be brought into the first team squad next season.

Edited by samjp26

I've never seen him play but I wonder if he could have a sort of Agbonlahor sort of rise...not really touted as a superstar in the making yet keeps on progressing in the age groups and who knows what he could achieve if he scores in one of his first appearences for us? How quick is he?

I hope he starts against Fulham.

I agree actually - I think we're safe now (on the basis that the bottom 3 won't pick up enough points) so why not give him some relatively pressure-free games?

I'm not one for rushing youth into the side for the hell of it, but he seems to be teetering on the edge of the first team squad so might as well give him some game time.

• Like 2

I hope he starts against Fulham.

I agree actually - I think we're safe now (on the basis that the bottom 3 won't pick up enough points) so why not give him some relatively pressure-free games?

I'm not one for rushing youth into the side for the hell of it, but he seems to be teetering on the edge of the first team squad so might as well give him some game time.

Agree, but Id be very surprised.  Confidence is on the fence ATM and we need a victory or two before we can relax a bit.

Agbonlahor is a doubt for Saturday due to illness according to physio room. Probably means Tonev will start but that surely leaves a huge opportunity for Robinson to get his debut off the bench on Saturday.

Â