Callum Robinson

sir_gary_cahill

The fonz is about a month younger than my sister.

When I realised, in the middle of a game I'd taken her to, it blew my mind as I couldn't imagine her doing anything requiring any responsibility, let alone playing football in front of 30,000 people

• Like 1

That Swansea game is just too important to hand him a start. He needs to be 'blooded' properly, throwing him in at the deep end could be detrimental  to his development. May be when we're safe.

There is no such thing as being 'blooded properly'. Many youngsters are thrown into 'the deep end' and it does them no harm at all.

It can harm very bad for a young player with to much responsibility. I could tell you the story about Tony Flygare from Malmo FF. Same generation as Zlatan and considered a better prospect. Missed a crucial penalty for the first team and they got relegated. Tony never made it after that, have written a book now which I haven't read.

I wouldn't be comfortable starting him. Nothing he did today has given me any indication he would do any better than Gabby/Andy. If we play the same way against Swansea as we did today, then I'd be tempted to start Holt to get on the end of those crosses.

Always good to see a youth product come on and a great reception.

Not buying into any hype though.

Judging by his youtube highlights package I would liked to place a big bet on Thierry Henry being his favorite player. 

Cutting in from the wing on his right foot then shooting into the corner looks to be his forte, or should I say the forte he aspires to achieve.

I wish him the best of luck.

Edited by supernova26

It can harm very bad for a young player with to much responsibility. I could tell you the story about Tony Flygare from Malmo FF. Same generation as Zlatan and considered a better prospect. Missed a crucial penalty for the first team and they got relegated. Tony never made it after that, have written a book now which I haven't read.

Not disagreeing that it can happen but it there are also many youngsters who are thrown in and thrive. I don't like the generalisation of this 'wrap them up in cotton wool approach' personally.

Edited by Isa

Thing with Delfouneso is, he's been shit in the lower leagues since he left. His record at Blackpool was poor and he's hardly doing the business with Coventry in League 1

As for Robinson, lets hope he's more of a success. 

• Like 1

Delfouneso always looked like he took it for granted. Never showed hunger. Robinson seems to have what is required. Whether he has the ability i have no idea. Attitude seems to be spot on. Good hard working kid by all reports.

He kind of did that to himself though - nobody else wanted to take the pen but he stepped up and went for it. 

I agree with Supervillan78. This is not the time to try out youngsters.

I hope Callum becomes a very good player for us, but I kind of would like to save him for the future. He's had his first game now. He'll be pumped for next season.

• Like 1

I can't believe some people are judging him on a 5 minute cameo appearance for a debut. 

I noticed when he ran on to the pitch he run past Luke Shaw who clearly spoke to him and gave him a congratulatory pat on the back. Classy stuff right there from the young kid. Made me wonder if they had played together at some stage 

• Like 2

Robinson was on for like 5 minutes. For him to be judged on that is ridiculous. Gabby on the other hand was poor all game. 

Not according to our oh so wise manager - apparently Gabby was one of the plus points!

Robinson was on for like 5 minutes. For him to be judged on that is ridiculous. Gabby on the other hand was poor all game.

Not according to our oh so wise manager - apparently Gabby was one of the plus points!

Yeah Gabby's lacking confidence, I wish our manager would of hammered him after!

He was born in 1995.

2zyigbc.gif

I think he's the first player to play for Villa that is younger than me  :mellow:

I dont think he will be the last!

Edited by Nigel

I can't believe some people are judging him on a 5 minute cameo appearance for a debut. 

I noticed when he ran on to the pitch he run past Luke Shaw who clearly spoke to him and gave him a congratulatory pat on the back. Classy stuff right there from the young kid. Made me wonder if they had played together at some stage 

Shaw seems to be friends with a few of our youngsters. Him and Jordan Graham in particular seem good friends. Assume they know each other through the England youth levels.

Â