Libor Kozák

samjp26

32 minutes ago, TRO said:

I know there are different styles of strikers , but Ideally I like to see those that move and can score with moderate service.....self creators if you like.

Yes, but its a long tough season. You need a bit of everything. I like him because he is a nuisance, under the defenders armpit, wins free kicks and scores goals. I tnink he'd be a good asset in the champ.

Scored a few last preseason, scored again in the first game. New era, new management. I'd keep him.

Doesn't surprise me he isn't rated on VT. Broke his leg in a training accident, so is labeled injury prone. Says it all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I suspect that he will not feature much this year at all, or else he'll score 20+ goals and power us into the Premiership.... or maybe somewhere in between.

50:50

I'd like to see him given a chance. Not the most technically gifted player in the World, but we're playing in the Championship. Shit players don't become Europa League top scorers. If he scores 20 goals by the ball deflecting off his face, great.

31 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I'd like to see him given a chance. Not the most technically gifted player in the World, but we're playing in the Championship. Shit players don't become Europa League top scorers. If he scores 20 goals by the ball deflecting off his face, great.

I think he does have technical ability, it was one thing I felt he could do better than Gestede - control, hold, short pass either forward or layoff. Felt he could also be strong enough to roll his man. Think his shooting is more instinctive than technical though and he is slow. 

But as another poster said he is a potential menace and agree that give him a chance where he may bag a few goals. Last season he wasn't confident after injury, may be different now. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Doesn't surprise me he isn't rated on VT. Broke his leg in a training accident, so is labeled injury prone. Says it all.

You obviously haven't read the thread much. If you had you would see that at times he has been massively overrated, to the point that he was going to our saviour.

As for injury prone I've seen very little posts indicating that. 

The reason that people don't like him is that he just isn't very good. He is slow, his hold up is poor and touch is terrible ( as an example there was one instance last season he was centre of goal, edge of the box, the ball was played to his feet, and his touch sent the ball out for a throw in). Yes he may finish the odd chance, but he is just a poor man Darren Bent who needs them put on a plate. We need better if we want to go up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

You obviously haven't read the thread much. If you had you would see that at times he has been massively overrated, to the point that he was going to our saviour.

As for injury prone I've seen very little posts indicating that. 

The reason that people don't like him is that he just isn't very good. He is slow, his hold up is poor and touch is terrible ( as an example there was one instance last season he was centre of goal, edge of the box, the ball was played to his feet, and his touch sent the ball out for a throw in). Yes he may finish the odd chance, but he is just a poor man Darren Bent who needs them put on a plate. We need better if we want to go up.

This is it. This is not the season for hoping that players that are not good enough will miraculously become better players. It is paramount that we get back up this season. We need to buy strikers and move on those who have had their chance. Even Kozak's supporters are admitting he is not that good.

I don't think RDM will be hoping for anything, if Kozak has shown his capabilities in training and pre-season he will stay and be a useful squad.

If not RDM will be saying to Tony, these guys aren't good enough lets get rid and I want to try and get these guys in. So if he is still there come end of window we either couldn't shift him, or he is actually capable. I for one am trusting RDM to know if he is good enough or not. 

Kozak main strength has been his movement which is very good but that is also not helped by his lack of pace. maybe in Championship he will be a bit more effective as defenders will be a bit slower

as a 3rd/4th choice striker he be OK but dont think he is better than Gestede

On 7/14/2016 at 21:38, TRO said:

Usually, when the ifs buts and maybe's start rolling out......they ain't good enough.

When they are good enough.....you will know and will argue the point with passion.

ps....if in doubt....out.

Basically this, really. 

Rather him than Gestede as a squad option, if nothing else simply because he is more mobile.

Having Gestede up top is like sending up a CB in the final minutes when pushing for an equalizer, only a desperate last option.

14 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Yes, but its a long tough season. You need a bit of everything. I like him because he is a nuisance, under the defenders armpit, wins free kicks and scores goals. I tnink he'd be a good asset in the champ.

Scored a few last preseason, scored again in the first game. New era, new management. I'd keep him.

No, I don't agree with the last line, there is a plethora of opinions on VT.

Libor for me, looks a bit lumbering....takes up decent positions granted. Those type of strikers are usually easy to mark with an equally big man and get easily negated

What kills defenders is movement, they struggle with that......I know those players  cost more, but you have to aspire for the best.

I still have no idea how good/bad he is, he's really not played enough to get a true indication. I do believe though, played regularly he'd certainly get in double figures, but I also think that Gabby would get double figures if he has found some drive. However we need our striker(s) to be getting 20+ Goals. Overall I think he's worth his place in the squad at this level.

I think him and Ayew would be an ok partnership, but I'd prefer him as #3 choice behind Ayew and a new forward. With our youngsters as backups.

Key thing regardless is getting the midfield to function so our strikers have a supply line.

Â