Libor Kozák

samjp26

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Kozak moved, he went forward, he tried to stretch teams and he made us a bit more balanced and relieved the pressure somewhat. I think he does have goals in him too. Still a bit of a donkey.

I think he did that for 30 minutes against Palace? He was pretty poor in the following two games and absolutely abysmal against West Brom. I'm pretty sure he was dropped after that never to be seen again. 

To be fair my memory is hazy so maybe the details are wrong but I do remember thinking the same as you at first. Then my following thought being "ah, no, he's actually shit".

3 hours ago, useless said:

Di Wants to trim the squad and sign two strikers. I imagine that means that two of Kozák, Agbonlahor, Ayew and Gestede will leave the club.

I class "last seasons top scorer with a hattrick v Notts County" Mr Sinclair as a striker given he played a wide role in the 4-3-3.

We know there's serious interest in him so hopefully we'll get shot of him.

Really can't see the sense in letting Rudy go. He ain't great but he's a proven striker in championship.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think he did that for 30 minutes against Palace? He was pretty poor in the following two games and absolutely abysmal against West Brom. I'm pretty sure he was dropped after that never to be seen again. 

To be fair my memory is hazy so maybe the details are wrong but I do remember thinking the same as you at first. Then my following thought being "ah, no, he's actually shit".

He was o.k v Leicester I thought, unsettled Huth and should've got a penalty. Poor v West Brom I agree and got injured afterwards and not seen again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not this again....

4 goals is not proven for us 

Look, I would love to see Ayew stay, Agbonlahor sacked, Defoe signed but it's not going to happen, looking for positives here.

He has scored 1 every 5 appearances (20 in total) in a difficult 3 years [a new season in a new country and league, a season injured after a broken leg, a season playing in the worst team in our history]. Ayew has scored 1 in 4 this season, Gestede 1 in 5, Agbonlahor 1 in 10 over the last 3 years (1 in 18 last season). Kozak scored 10 in 11 uefa cup appearances while at Lazio (Golden boot). 

Yes he's not ideal but he's on our books and there is no learning curve. For me, he is every bit as useful as Gestede, and perhaps more rounded, but there's not much between them. FFS, I would rather we sacked the lot and started again but it's not going to happen.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Kozak fractured his ankle in the West Brom match and was replaced with Gestede after 64 mins. Maybe part or all of the reason he struggled in that match.

Edited by Michael118

He's a bit of a donkey alright but IMO we looked a better side last season when he was in the team. He's a real workhorse and would probably grab a few goals with decent service as he gets in to good positions. 

• Like 1

I don't understand why people would write off a player immediately before even giving him a proper chance. Last season he was injured early on then came back and was injured only a few matches in again. This season he looks fit, and is doing well reportedly in training. Might as well give him a chance to prove himself and if it doesn't work out, then he can move on. 

7 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I don't understand why people would write off a player immediately before even giving him a proper chance. Last season he was injured early on then came back and was injured only a few matches in again. This season he looks fit, and is doing well reportedly in training. Might as well give him a chance to prove himself and if it doesn't work out, then he can move on. 

We need to hit the ground running IMO. Giving chances to injury prone players who look out of their depth isn't something we should be doing. We need to buy a striker, maybe two if ayew leaves.

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

We need to hit the ground running IMO. Giving chances to injury prone players who look out of their depth isn't something we should be doing. We need to buy a striker, maybe two if ayew leaves.

Don't disagree about buying a striker, but he has never played in the championship before, and this seems to be the first times in literally years he has been fit for more than a few weeks. Who knows, maybe he can score loads in the league and we have ourselves a hidden gem. He needs some confidence imo. It's rough not playing that long. 

• Like 1

I was vocal about him getting another chance last season, but when he came back in the team he was utterly awful and never looked like scoring even if he did give the team more balance and had more presence in the box. Appreciate he was returning from injury and then got another injury, and I do think he has goals in him.

But it gets to the stage where you have to think do we want to start a fresh with new players or keeping taking punts on the ones who have consistently done nothing for the team even if it isn't necessarily their fault.

My feeling is lets try new faces and move on. If Libor isn't going to move on then send him on loan and let him prove he can still score.

• Like 1

Usually, when the ifs buts and maybe's start rolling out......they ain't good enough.

When they are good enough.....you will know and will argue the point with passion.

ps....if in doubt....out.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Really see him going one of two ways - either banging them in and being the hero we all wanted him to be - or getting dogged by injuries and never finding any form. 

This is the championship, top strikers in this division often aren't even that good in the grand scheme of things. 

On 14 July 2016 at 17:07, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I've never rated him. He might chip in with the odd goal and run around a bit, but he's got a horrendous first touch. He can trap a ball further than Emile. It can't really be coached and for me it's like kryptonite. I find it utterly depressing to watch. 

I can't see him feeling out of place in the Villa front line then Doug

I know there are different styles of strikers , but Ideally I like to see those that move and can score with moderate service.....self creators if you like.

Â